• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help/ guidance needed. Career change. (It got worse, more in comments)

Check out the electric industry. A good place to start is to contact PIKE Electric. Helpers with very little experience start quite a bit above $15 an hour. It’s a solid industry. If the power goes out and doesn’t come back on we have bigger problems. If you don’t mind hard work outside then you can make a damn fine living as a lineman.

If you have about 250$ to play with go to harbour freight and buy a welder(stick or flux core) and a hood. Plenty of youtube videos you can watch and practice like crazy. And if you absolutely hate it just sell it or return it. Will get your foot in the door on a good trade though.
Fortis college in Smyrna has a welders certification course

So today I royalty f*cked up. Confronted a homeless man (20ish years old, African American, about 5'10) about a drink he stole (came in with a cup, and helped himself) as he was leaving the store. The man had one hand on the door and the other in his rolling luggage case. Told him I didn't want to see him in there again and if I did I'd call the cops. he went BALISTIC. Walked up to the counter aggressively N word this b*tch a$$ n-word that. And I lost my Composure. Long story short, I left from behind the counter walked through the kitchen door and he walked up to me and put his hands up and I clocked him one good time in the jaw. I'm only sharing this so you guys can tell me what an idiot I am for walking out from behind that counter. 🤦🏻‍♂️ He retreated then tried to come into the kitchen and the staff held him back from coming in. Police were called, he was CT. For some perspective to my character, those words above were the only words I said to him. I didn't egg him on, threaten him, or escalate the situation (verbally) anyway. Including this incident I've been in a total of 1 physical altercation with another human being in my adult life outside of sporting purposes. I'm not the kind of person that picks fights, i use the skills I've learned from this damn job to de-escalate any and all issues. I couldn't tell you why I walked out there, completely unprofessional and out of character. But the threats got past my better judgment. Anyways I thought that was the last I'd see of him. But I should of known better. Maybe 40 minutes later I hear what sounds like an acorn dropping from a tree. I look around and go back to doing my job. I walk back toward the building and I see him just outside of property lines. As I walk inside the back door a fist sized rock hits the back door. At this point my boss is aware of the incident and inside the building. We call the cops again and he ends up on a bus surely to be seen again. I learned 3 valuable life lessons today. 1. Don't fight people with nothing to lose. 2. Never lose your composure. And 3. Let the cops handle it.
Unfortunately the “let the cops handle it“ mentality with the DA either not prosecuting or letting them off with community service or ’time served’. Has served to develop a ‘we can get away with it’ mentality for those with ‘adjustable morals’.

Back when criminals got ‘tuned up’ when they were arrested, and placed on chain gangs for punishment. There used to be some deterrence in terms of “I really don’t want to do that sh*t again”. That is gone now.

You can take a $10K/year pay cut and have an equivalent quality of life if you move out of Atlanta. Actually, it's probably more but I haven't done the math lately.

You don't actually have to be particularly good at anything to advance in blue collar trades because most of the competition are morons and/or don't speak English. All you really have to do is be a decent person who shows up and works hard. You could have walked out and gone to FL to do Idalia clean up and been better off than fast food.

I've been self employed for the past 40 years in commercial refrigeration repair. A lot of my customers were fast food and a lot of my helpers worked in those restaurants. Talk to whatever guys do your work and see if they are hiring helpers, they should be paying around $20 per hour and are always sucking wind to get good workers. If you pay attention and maybe go to tech school a couple nights a week you will know what you are doing in a couple years. Several of the guys I taught are in their own business making good money.

Come to amerika across the southern border. Free **** army. Face it, your ****ed til you make a move.
Keep swinging and don’t be skeered. GLWSlingingHash.

Back
Top Bottom