• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help ME Find this Pistol - Reward $$$

No the atf only keeps records of the origional owners, all other forms get sent to the atf and they can them, reason I know this is because I had 11 guns stolen and they never filed them stolen with ncic. It got sold to a pawn shop then resold to an individual three weeks later he sold it on gon. I about came unglued but in the end it will turn up

Nope, that is false. The dealer retains the records for 20 years or until they go tits up.

i know the atf only has original owners records.they contacted me a while back about one i bought new. later traded for another at a pawnshop. but they said the pawnshops records were there personal records.and they wouldnt go back to see who bought it from there.this one was found in a bunch of stolen stuff so they were going to destroy it.

Hey I sold off my first deer rifle,Woodmaster 742 30-06, because of hard times in the early eighties. I finally got it back about five years ago..always hope!!

i know the atf only has original owners records.they contacted me a while back about one i bought new. later traded for another at a pawnshop. but they said the pawnshops records were there personal records.and they wouldnt go back to see who bought it from there.this one was found in a bunch of stolen stuff so they were going to destroy it.

The BATF does not have the records of gun purchases, they can track from distributor to dealer and then look at 4473. The records are retained by FFL, not BATF unless dealer goes out of business. The Pawn Shop has to have an FFL in order to deal in firearms, their records are not personal they are required by Federal law on gun transactions. There is more to your story than stated. It might have been a local PD calling, it was not BATF telling you they could not access the records.

they said that that was the shop owners records. and they would not go back to try to find the rightful owner. it was not police department they stated they were from the atf. they only wanted to know if i still had posession of it, or a police report showing it stolen.i couldnt understand this either.

Back
Top Bottom