• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help me pick a knife - $40 range

I have several Kershaw's and like them but I am a Cold Steel fan. My most recent purchase was a Large Voyager Tanto. I'm also a fan of the Tanto blades. I paid $45 but it's actually a little bit larger than I would have liked.

I decided that one of the things I wanted was a lock back instead of a liinerlock and I also wanted something with a very positive lock. The Voyager is touted as having the strongest lock available. Mine came razor sharp (no REALLY razor sharp) out of the box. The handle fits the hand well and the blade is massive and controllable.

On problem I have with several of my Kershaws is that the handles edges are just cut out. My Kershaw Compound, for instance. The edges were 90 degree. I took a file and bevelled them all down just a little.

Here:s Cold Steels Youtube video on the Voyagers. Skip ahead to about a minute to bypass the disclaimer junk.

Here's the Medium Tanto Voyager on Amazon ($31.53 with free S&H):

http://www.amazon.com/Cold-Steel-Vo...403701585&sr=8-8&keywords=cold+steel+voyager]

And here's a Medium Voyager Clip Point on eBay ($21.74 with free S&H):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cold-Steel-...709089?pt=US_Knives_Tools&hash=item233c035e61

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a new Kershaw leek blackwash. I really like it. As indicated throughout this thread, you can't go wrong with a Kershaw of your choice in that price range. Kershaw is a great knife for the money.

I have a Kershaw Tremor that I like a lot. It is a little large but has the longer blade you want. Nothing fancy just a solid knife. Fills the hand well. Under $20 sometimes on EBay.
BTW I have many "nicer" knifes, SOG, and Spyderco mostly, but this is my EDC/work knife. Stays in my pocket most of the time.

I have a leek and a blur sitting around and not doing anything. They are both well used and carried, the blur more so than the leek, but they are both still 100% solid and functional.

You won't beat my price.

Free shipped to your door. Just PM which you prefer and your address and I'll get it to you.

Good Lord. The kershawguy.com has some good prices. Didn't think anywhere (other than maybe Ebay) could beat Amazon.

And he is one of the nicest/easiest guys to deal with.

The new Kershaw/Emerson knives have me interested...give one of those a try and let us know the review...haha.

I have a leek and a blur sitting around and not doing anything. They are both well used and carried, the blur more so than the leek, but they are both still 100% solid and functional.

You won't beat my price.

Free shipped to your door. Just PM which you prefer and your address and I'll get it to you.

Holy chit! Thanks, Wylde. PM on the way!

Back
Top Bottom