• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

help me with glock slide release

Bottom line is that the slide release lever spring should be providing tension to keep it DOWN. If it doesn't, it's probably installed incorrectly.

I replaced the slide release and spring with another factory one with new spring and same issue

Man it's got to be the magazines there's only two parts to the puzzle since the slide lock spring is correctly installed.

Do you have one of those 32 round magazines to try?
If so does it still not lock back when the magazine is empty?

Now after looking at one of mine that tab on the inside of the slide lock that fits in the groove in the magazine is possible the culprit. If it's bent up it won't do it's job, but if it's another brand new slide lock and it's a glock slide lock it just seems it has to be the magazine.

In the couple guns I just checked that tab just mates with the slot in the magazine, it's almost touching but just barely.

Sorry, that's all I have, I'm out of ideas.....

My G33 has the same follower generation number (9.) but it's a 40 S&W mag. When I slide the empty mag into the well, it pushes the slide stop UP. If yours is not doing that then either the follower is not pushing up(bad spring or follower too narrow, maybe magazine lips pinched inward stopping the follower from coming all the way up), or the slide stop is stuck or under too much tension. try the slide stop manually. If it is lightly tense but functions smoothly and unrestrictedly then it MUST be the magazine/follower.

If that magazine is seated and locked then there is the problem. That slide stop is NOT sitting correctly into the notch on the magazine follower.

I'm having a hard time with that first picture, but it looks bent right?
As I said I can't see it very well, but I'm agreeing that what I do think I see, doesn't look right.....

Man it's got to be the magazines there's only two parts to the puzzle since the slide lock spring is correctly installed.

Do you have one of those 32 round magazines to try?
If so does it still not lock back when the magazine is empty?

Now after looking at one of mine that tab on the inside of the slide lock that fits in the groove in the magazine is possible the culprit. If it's bent up it won't do it's job, but if it's another brand new slide lock and it's a glock slide lock it just seems it has to be the magazine.

In the couple guns I just checked that tab just mates with the slot in the magazine, it's almost touching but just barely.

Sorry, that's all I have, I'm out of ideas.....

Will try a 32 rounder thanks.

Back
Top Bottom