• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Hera H6: German side-folding, side-feeding, bolt action .223/.300BO

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
197   0
Reaction score
I’ve got my likes and my dislikes on it, but dang sure wanna try one.

Feeds from AR mags, but fed in the left side like a Sten gun. Supposedly to help when shooting from a rest or a stand. My only complaint on that design is that I like to be able to sling my bolt guns tight against my back, which I usually do by putting the left side against my back. On this design, you have the mag sticking out one side, and the bolt the other. Of course, with the slick bottom on this rifle, I don’t see why it couldn’t be slung with that side against my back.

I don’t see why it has an 18” barrel. My personal preference would be a 16”.

The “finger stop” puzzled me, as I could not figure out exactly what it is. I had to dig deep and found it in reference to Voere’s rifles. It functions as a sort of set trigger, and when pulled back, it stops the trigger finger from reaching the trigger. A sort of redundant, additional safety. Meh……but I do like set triggers.

Looks like they’ll actually be made in SLC UT, out of a mix of American and Germanic parts.

If they add some calibers like 6.5 Grendel, 6mm ARC, 7.62x39mm, etc., I’d be really interested in it.

8F7B7D9D-7A4B-45E7-B14A-519D758C1027.jpeg
8CBA301B-62B1-481B-BAA3-DEBDFB5AAF25.jpeg

Want to like it and ar mags make for cheap mags just seems like it should have been a lever gun. If one of these companies wants to make something not semi and different, how about a lever action with duel feed tubes like a ksg without all the suck.
Feel like one of the guys had a promag arch angle stock and thought it was cool.

Want to like it and ar mags make for cheap mags just seems like it should have been a lever gun. If one of these companies wants to make something not semi and different, how about a lever action with duel feed tubes like a ksg without all the suck.
Feel like one of the guys had a promag arch angle stock and thought it was cool.

Dual feed tubes wouldn’t hold as many rounds as an AR mag.

Can’t use pointed bullets, such as those commonly found in .223 and .300Blk rounds in tubular magazine. Under recoil, or if the rifle is knocked around or dropped, it’s possible for the nose of the bullet behind it to set off the primer of the round in front of it.

Dual feed tubes wouldn’t hold as many rounds as an AR mag.

Can’t use pointed bullets, such as those commonly found in .223 and .300Blk rounds in tubular magazine. Under recoil, or if the rifle is knocked around or dropped, it’s possible for the nose of the bullet behind it to set off the primer of the round in front of it.
and this is what there isn't tstover gun ind.

and this is what there isn't tstover gun ind.

Here’s something kinda like what you laid out.

Here’s something kinda like what you laid out.

This is stranger and uglier than the Hera!

Back
Top Bottom