• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Hera H6: German side-folding, side-feeding, bolt action .223/.300BO

yNlQWRM.jpg

I guess I'm just a little old fashioned. Something new like that really kind of bothers me. They said they went to a side loading magazine so that when you're shooting the prone position the magazine doesn't get in the way. They said something else about it but I can't remember all of what he said. They did say however that usually 55 grain bullets are the heaviest the people usually run are the most popular rather and that's why they want the one in nine twists. That kind of defeats the purpose of having a bolt action gun if you think about it. You want that bolt action so you can get a little longer of a bullet and use the heavier projectile if need be but since they're using regular mags you're limited on overall cartridge length. I guess you could shoot up to what 69 grains and still be okay with that twist rate?

Here’s something kinda like what you laid out.

It is but it is still kind-of what's the point. There's lots of stuff out there that's an acquired taste or just cool to have. For some reason I think some sort of under fold or slim side fold lever action scout rifle would be fun and practical. Super slim, light and compact.
I don't know, maybe my poor ass will break down and buy a mad pig thumper then 3D print a I side folding stock for it. All the mall ninja boomers will hump my leg.

Back
Top Bottom