• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Here's why we'll lose the battle to remove supressors from the NFA

The whole idea of shot-spotter tech and such is that the people shooting are stuck in one place. Say a domestic abuse situation where the shot was fired in a house.

This does nothing for gang crimes and such because the shooters won;t be there when the cops get to the place the shot was fired.

Never mind the obvious point that criminals would already be using home-made suppressors if they wanted them. They don't because for them concealment while carrying is far more important than being quiet when using them.

Criminals don't even wear holsters because they may need to dump a gun at any time and having a holster is prima facie evidence that you had a gun in your possession illegally. Does anyone really think that they will add a 10-12 inch tube to their guns, making them almost impossible to conceal?

If the HPA can't be passed because we don't have a rebuttal to a lame argument like this, the wrong people are supporting it.

This might not cancel the HPA because suppressors are not currently used by gang bangers (or at least not reported). Also, remember that suppressors don't muffle the supersonic crack of a bullet and are not movie quiet. There still is a sonic signature that the system could capture and report on. That being said; how would like to monitor that system New Year's Eve from dark to dawn.:doh:
That's the thing. When they get sick of responding to every door slamming on the west side of Chicago they will shut them off just like they do with open door sensors in jails.

Actually, I think it will pass... Eventually. There's a fair amount of support already, it's just a question of getting everyone lined up to vote. Right now every GOP Congress-critter is sweating bullets about health care.

If I had to pick between this and reciprocal carry legislation, I think this has a much better chance.

Back
Top Bottom