• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hey, Smith owners..... (GTG?) Feb 18th

Ok someone needs to say it so here we go..

Many of us are meeting for the very first time..
We have no idea / knowledge about one another's "RANG EDIQUIT".. or rules of the range..
I would love to assume that everyone is safe in the handling of firearms but you know what ass -u-me is broken down.
You see where I am going here right...

GeauxLSU is kind enough to let a bunch of random folk come to his house and shoot.. The last thing he wants is a "mishap"

Lets start here as the basics of what I personally commit to the group and would asks the same..

One of the nice things about revolvers... An OPEN cylinder is a good thing.. :)

View attachment 1062722

I can go with this, I'll brief the boys on the way up as a reminder. They're range etiquette is very good, but a reminder never hurts anyone's feelings.

We have no idea / knowledge about one another's "RANG EDIQUIT".. or rules of the range..
I would love to assume that everyone is safe in the handling of firearms but you know what ass -u-me is broken down.

GeauxLSU is kind enough to let a bunch of random folk come to his house and shoot.. The last thing he wants is a "mishap"

Lets start here as the basics of what I personally commit to the group and would asks the same..

View attachment 1062722
Required at all times!
IMG_20170213_164946116_HDR.jpg

View attachment 1062722
Thanks Gadget,
Yes, I certainly intend to lay out some ground rules. The only loaded Smith should be the ONE person shooting. I'm not going to ask anyone to not carry if they feel they absolutely must but your carry weapon shouldn't then simultaneously be your show and tell gun. If anyone covers anyone with their muzzle, you'll be asked politely (or not depending) to head on down the road. We're adults, we know the rules, they are easy to follow. This is obviously intended to be FUN.
1) ALWAYS pointed in a safe direction
2) ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot
3) ALWAYS unloaded until ready to use.

Now on the fun side, I don't have a challenge tree but I'm up for suggestions about any challenge competitions.
I had a thought about a "long range challenge" for title of Pistolero Extraordinaire. Anyone interested puts $5 in the pot. 100 yards, iron sights only, ring the big kitty. Any ties have a shoot off until last man standing. Winner take all. That might cover gas money for the winner. :becky:

Clay birds make great reactive targets...and they don't cost a lot of money, either.

Place them on the ground at various distances and the first to break all 5 wins.

I have one, but it's only for small caliber. Plus, too much of a hassle to haul down there. LOL!

Clays don't really need to be picked up. They are biodegradable by their very nature.

Depends on the birds.

Standard clay targets will be there forever, although there's no harm in them doing so, being as they are mostly, wait for it, CLAY.

Back
Top Bottom