• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Hiding your Scent while hunting

I usually keep coveralls, jacket ad vest in a bag of leaves and pine needles and use scent free soap and deodorant, but then again I hunted up in Kentucky last year with a local from up there and he sits on the ground, was smoking cigarettes and drinking a mug of coffee and a 160+" bruiser walks up to within 40 yards of him and he shoots it with a Mosin, so what the hell do I know?

I had forgotten the burnt log trick. Since its too late for deer, how do hogs and coyotes react to that scent?

Never tried it for yotes or hogs but I'll tell you this.
I had to take a dump and did my bidness in a hollowed out log and a half hour later a yote came wondering up towards the aroma.

I usually keep coveralls, jacket ad vest in a bag of leaves and pine needles and use scent free soap and deodorant, but then again I hunted up in Kentucky last year with a local from up there and he sits on the ground, was smoking cigarettes and drinking a mug of coffee and a 160+" bruiser walks up to within 40 yards of him and he shoots it with a Mosin, so what the hell do I know?

Yep it's hit and miss like that.

I shot at a doe with a defective scope (found out later), and she just looked at me standing there and continued eating until shot #3 annoyed her enough to slow trot away.
This was in blue ridge way back where these deer must have never had human interaction.
We had one follow us up a hill in that same area on foot and come within 6 feet of us bobbing her head like wtf are you?

For those that like to fart a lot, they already got you covered there as well. ;) Either the underwear or the pad...

https://www.myshreddies.com/ or https://www.amazon.com/Subtle-Butt-disposable-neutralizers-saving/dp/B001KYVJSC

91bFxYJ-gAL._UY500_.jpg
DANGITALL!!! Another idea lost in the wind...

I was thinking that I could invent "Buttmints" with pine scent... I bet if I put it in a camo colored package, I'd make a million.

Just imagine all of the hunters running around the woods smelling of pine and walking like they have a turtle nose...

don't do that, its a bad idea.

I bought a cheap ozone generator this year. The night before I go out I set the generator running in the closet with my hunting clothes and then carry my clothes in a trash bag to the hunt and change when i get there. I had deer right under my stand this year and wasn't winded.
I got lazy and drove to the hunt in my hunting clothes about 3 weeks ago and was winded by an animal I didn't even see. I believe that there is definitely something to this ozone thing.

How did you come up with such idea? it what you say is true then there's truly something in the Ozone Generator but hat if its harmful?

How did you come up with such idea? it what you say is true then there's truly something in the Ozone Generator but hat if its harmful?

Ozone doesn't mask scents, it chemically destroys them. The only time a deer may smell ozone in the wild is after an electrical storm. So a. all your human scent is removed NOT masked, and b. you smell like something that deer are familiar with but not afraid of.

Don't huff ozone.

Back
Top Bottom