• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Hiding your Scent while hunting

I usually take some old clothes i have worn awhile and not washed.i take and put them in some stands and blinds so my scent is in the woods year rnd.use vanilla extract from time to time also

Hunting in Pennsylvania was always full of crazy stories.
Tons of pressure in the woods and it wasn't strange to hear stories of guys smoking in a tree with a campfire a few feet away then guy get sick, leans over the stand to vomit, falls out of the stand, rolls over his empty beer cans, looks up and is able to pull off a shot on a massive 10 pointer staring at him.....haha.

looks like a very nice tactic to me LOLs

I had forgotten the burnt log trick. Since its too late for deer, how do hogs and coyotes react to that scent?

The best and easiest way to cover your scent. https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Beekeeping-Equipment-VIVO-BEE-V001/dp/B009Z1SLQK Smoke is natural to all animals. The downside is having to sit there and smell yourself.

81Q-xP%2Byx6L._SL1500_.jpg

LOL! I don't know if they still do, but they used to make chlorophyll pills you could take to make your emissions less "robust".
I was thinking that I could invent "Buttmints" with pine scent... I bet if I put it in a camo colored package, I'd make a million.

Just imagine all of the hunters running around the woods smelling of pine and walking like they have a turtle nose...

I bought a cheap ozone generator this year. The night before I go out I set the generator running in the closet with my hunting clothes and then carry my clothes in a trash bag to the hunt and change when i get there. I had deer right under my stand this year and wasn't winded.
I got lazy and drove to the hunt in my hunting clothes about 3 weeks ago and was winded by an animal I didn't even see. I believe that there is definitely something to this ozone thing.

Back
Top Bottom