• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hitler Youth Blade

Supermanns

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
23   0
Reaction score
Hey guys, I got this blade at flea market quite a few years ago and am looking to sell it. To be honest I am not sure how much it is worth or where would be the the best place to sell it. Just looking for some info. It seems to be in good condition, outside of some visible wear, the blade is slightly loose. Thanks for the help

Attachments

• 20170818_130249.jpg
    20170818_130249.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 84
  • 20170818_130258.jpg
    20170818_130258.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 76
My Dad got one of these back in the 60's. The Hitler Youth thing had been taken out and was replaced by a fleur de lis. That made it some kind of Boy Scout knife. He gave it to my son. There's no motto on it. So it was either polished off or it never had one.
He told me there were boatloads of these things in the US after the war.
This guy seems to know a lot about them.

There are a lot of fakes out there. Here is a good site to help you decide if yours is real or fake. Your pics are too small to tell much from my view. The RZM stamp should be on the back side, opposite the motto on the front, so that's not a good sign. All these blades were issued with a rather thick (approximately 2 to 3 mm) leather buffer pads seated against the crossguard. Condition looks almost too good. Remember, these were carried by kids and used a lot. A flea market is always a good place to get rid of a repo. If this site doesn't help you can text me some good, well lighted close ups and I'll post them on the WWII German site on Facebook and those guys can tell you right quick what you have.

https://www.lakesidetrader.com/Education/Blut-und-Ehre!/

Back
Top Bottom