• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

HK- Smart brand or Overpriced?

My Mossad is the ONLY DA/SA gun I own and I never shoot it in DA. I just fell in love with its short crisp SA trigger along with its strong short reset. Really it is the most amazing gun I have ever shot. Wish it wasn't so damn heavy and wish it didn't have a safety.
Ive always shot sa/da the best. No idea why. I try and keep all my guns SA/DA. My p7m8 is the one exception. Damn I love the trigger on it. Very nice.

13May1 033.jpg For those who have not been through the Form 4/BATF coma, a lot of folks, me included, buy a weapon around a suppressor. If you don't like the host, sell it and move on. Suppressors are better on some hosts that others. From the time of my Form 4 submission and approval (about 4-months at the time), I was able to shoot about a half-dozen .45's suppressed, including Glock, 2 0r 3 1911's, HK, and FN. The hands-down best was HK. I was not an HK fan prior to shooting suppressed, mostly for the cost, but that changed when with the suppressor. The USP Tactical suppressed runs flawlessly. Elevated sights (not so much on an FN, Glock, or ANY 1911), factory threaded barrel, zero malfunctions, and good balance. I got reamed at my local indoor range for not disclosing my use of the suppresor prior to shooting. They heard the rounds hit the iron trap, but that was it. That's my only HK pistol, but it will not be replaced.

Now having said what I said before ... I have to add that I think that glock is the biggest mistake made by LE in the US ..... not one of the green stupid rookie cops should be allowed to touch a glock or a gun like it.

I'm not saying that they are bad firearms but they are bad firearms for rookie city cops that never shot a gun before the academy .... the glock "safe action" in my opinion is responsible for more negligent police discharges than anything else ...... A gun with either a proper safety or a heavy dual action first pull like a sig or an HK would have eliminated 99% of the ND problems that I've seen in LEOland including the dumbass rookie that almost shot me in the leg at the range a few years ago.

Glock "safeaction" is nothing more than a single action trigger with a fancy name and a stupid lever.

Booom!!!!!!

[Broken External Image]:

Booom!!!!!!

[Broken External Image]:

It might be a boom but let me tell you about my buddies on the NYPD. So brainchill mentions they should have a heavy trigger for the first pull. The Glock 19 my best friend Rob was issued has a 14-16 pound trigger pull. Glock calls it the "New York trigger."

It's used by a lot of departments around the country. That part of the argument is kinda boom. But it is also kinda invalid.

Last edited:
It might be a boom but let me tell you about my buddies on the NYPD. So brainchill mentions they should have a heavy trigger for the first pull. The Glock 19 my best friend Rob was issued has a 14-16 pound trigger pull. Glock calls it the "New York trigger."

It's used by a lot of departments around the country. That part of the argument is kinda boom. But it is also kinda invalid.

An argument for heavy trigger pull (difficult to pull) may negate the dip stick that can't or won't train and execute primary safety rules for a gun with a 5 lb. trigger pull.

An excessively hard to pull trigger does not lend itself to accuracy, and in fact compromises it. It's not like NYC cops have any issues with putting lead on flesh (criminal or bystanders). Personally I think the New York trigger is ridiculous and incurs liability that those that dictated it, who are administrators or politicians, who refuse to accept and ignore it. Those same folks are ignorant of firearms or use of them and their quick fix to a training issue is to make the gun more difficult to fire.

If some Joe takes the slack out of his trigger and some Crack head bumps him it's a round down range.

This caught my attention as 9 bystanders were shot by several police. I guarantee that the administration refused to even consider a pistol with an excessive heavy trigger pull mandated by them was even consider and an issue. That would admit they were wrong and it's just unacceptable.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/08/25/all-9-bystanders-wounded-in-empire-state-shooting-were-hit-by-police-bullets-not-gunmans/

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/19/officer-who-fatally-shot-ny-college-student-along-with-armed-intruder-faced/

HK's with the exposed hammer may be safer as the hammer moving back is a visible cue that **** is about to get interesting for the user. I really like the LEM trigger that HK produces. It's an easy trigger to master and good to go for duty use. I also like Sig’s DAK trigger as well. Both are a trigger that can be used with good effect.

Last edited:
An argument for heavy trigger pull (difficult to pull) may negate the dip stick that can't or won't train and execute primary safety rules for a gun with a 5 lb. trigger pull.

An excessively hard to pull trigger does not lend itself to accuracy, and in fact compromises it. It's not like NYC cops have any issues with putting lead on flesh (criminal or bystanders). Personally I think the New York trigger is ridiculous and incurs liability that those that dictated it, who are administrators or politicians, who refuse to accept and ignore it. Those same folks are ignorant of firearms or use of them and their quick fix to a training issue is to make the gun more difficult to fire.

If some Joe takes the slack out of his trigger and some Crack head bumps him it's a round down range.

This caught my attention as 9 bystanders were shot by several police. I guarantee that the administration refused to even consider a pistol with an excessive heavy trigger pull mandated by them was even consider and an issue. That would admit they were wrong and it's just unacceptable.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/08/25/all-9-bystanders-wounded-in-empire-state-shooting-were-hit-by-police-bullets-not-gunmans/

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/19/officer-who-fatally-shot-ny-college-student-along-with-armed-intruder-faced/

HK's with the exposed hammer may be safer as the hammer moving back is a visible cue that **** is about to get interesting for the user. I really like the LEM trigger that HK produces. It's an easy trigger to master and good to go for duty use. I also like Sig’s DAK trigger as well. Both are a trigger that can be used with good effect.

I understand everything you are saying. The brass caught so much flak up in NY for the trigger that they allowed other pistols to be used (Sig 226, S&W 915 and 5906, my buddy still carries a 915).

As far as the incident with the bystanders you speak of. I believe that refers to the "Empire State Building" shooter. I am not making excuses, and was the first to jump their asses for that one, but unfortunately the first 2 on the scene were what you would call "parade cops''. These were guys that are assigned outside of the ES Building as an ornament more than anything. They are usually more the cream of the crap than the cream of the crop.

I lit up Facebook after that incident and a bunch of my cop buddy wives lit me up for criticizing them. I wasn't criticizing them but was certainly concerned with their training.

I understand everything you are saying. The brass caught so much flak up in NY for the trigger that they allowed other pistols to be used (Sig 226, S&W 915 and 5906, my buddy still carries a 915).

As far as the incident with the bystanders you speak of. I believe that refers to the "Empire State Building" shooter. I am not making excuses, and was the first to jump their asses for that one, but unfortunately the first 2 on the scene were what you would call "parade cops''. These were guys that are assigned outside of the ES Building as an ornament more than anything. They are usually more the cream of the crap than the cream of the crop.

I lit up Facebook after that incident and a bunch of my cop buddy wives lit me up for criticizing them. I wasn't criticizing them but was certainly concerned with their training.
People have a difficult time disassociating criticism for behavior from personal criticism.

Back
Top Bottom