• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

HK- Smart brand or Overpriced?

That video is not reflective of the gun but rather this gentleman's lack of pistol skills.

At 21 feet/7 yards that pistol will make one ragged hole with bulk pack 230 FMJ. At 40 yards that pistol should be keeping the shots under 6 inches off hand and if shooter rested (a range bag on a table) then under 3 inches but that's for a shooter with some level of skill. The Mark 23 from a machine rest will cut around a 1-2 inch hole and ammo quality plays a bit more of a role at 40 yards.

The amazing thing is it does it while maintaining a combat level of reliability. The issue as mentioned is it's a big dang hog of a pistol.

I agree. That weapon is more accurate than the guy who was shooting it.

Agree with that...in addition to the fact that the Mk23 was essentially a failed experiment for NSW & (SOCOM) in general.

Failed experiment or not I still want one so I can pretend to be Snake from metal gear solid. ;)

I've got a bunch of HKs and there is absolutely nothing special about them. Their handguns are just a bastardization of a glock and a sig ... nothing special, definitely not better or superior in any way ... and all feel blocky/chunky compared to others saving the P30 ... which is barely an incremental bit of evolution better than the USP

I have no special excuses to tell why I bought or traded for them but to say I'm not one of those insane hk fanboys .. I just like all guns.

Back
Top Bottom