• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

HK- Smart brand or Overpriced?

Now having said what I said before ... I have to add that I think that glock is the biggest mistake made by LE in the US ..... not one of the green stupid rookie cops should be allowed to touch a glock or a gun like it.

I'm not saying that they are bad firearms but they are bad firearms for rookie city cops that never shot a gun before the academy .... the glock "safe action" in my opinion is responsible for more negligent police discharges than anything else ...... A gun with either a proper safety or a heavy dual action first pull like a sig or an HK would have eliminated 99% of the ND problems that I've seen in LEOland including the dumbass rookie that almost shot me in the leg at the range a few years ago.

Glock "safeaction" is nothing more than a single action trigger with a fancy name and a stupid lever.

I will say again. I have HATED every HK product I ever made the mistake of buying or trading for. Never had a Sig I liked either so maybe it's just me.

I'll stick with my Glocks and 1911s thanks. ;)

Now having said what I said before ... I have to add that I think that glock is the biggest mistake made by LE in the US ..... not one of the green stupid rookie cops should be allowed to touch a glock or a gun like it.

I'm not saying that they are bad firearms but they are bad firearms for rookie city cops that never shot a gun before the academy .... the glock "safe action" in my opinion is responsible for more negligent police discharges than anything else ...... A gun with either a proper safety or a heavy dual action first pull like a sig or an HK would have eliminated 99% of the ND problems that I've seen in LEOland including the dumbass rookie that almost shot me in the leg at the range a few years ago.

Glock "safeaction" is nothing more than a single action trigger with a fancy name and a stupid lever.

That just happened.

haha. I dont care for the manual safety. Then again I NEVER use them. Ever.
I'm with you. I would love to carry my Mossad but sometimes when I draw it the safety is on, sometimes it is off. I have considered disabling the safety so I don't have to worry about it engaging. I would still carry it cocked, just not locked.

I'm with you. I would love to carry my Mossad but sometimes when I draw it the safety is on, sometimes it is off. I have considered disabling the safety so I don't have to worry about it engaging. I would still carry it cocked, just not locked.

Just throwing this out there but ive never once had a safety switch on ANY of my HKs engage or disengage without me doing it. Just sayin' ;)

Just throwing this out there but ive never once had a safety switch on ANY of my HKs engage or disengage without me doing it. Just sayin' ;)
Me either. I have however hit the magazine release under recoil and I can't stand the inch of pre travel with the single action trigger.

Me either. I have however hit the magazine release under recoil and I can't stand the inch of pre travel with the single action trigger.
yeahhhh I have done that. My USP has the extended mag release so it took me a minute to get use to that. Has not happened since though. The match trigger has no pre travel. Very crisp.

My Mossad is the ONLY DA/SA gun I own and I never shoot it in DA. I just fell in love with its short crisp SA trigger along with its strong short reset. Really it is the most amazing gun I have ever shot. Wish it wasn't so damn heavy and wish it didn't have a safety.

Back
Top Bottom