• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Home garage air compressor suggestions?

I got by with a 4.5 hp 30 gal tank for a while, but you constantly have to stop working for a sander or anything that requires sustained use.

Its all about the cfm of the tool and the compressor and how long your set up can sustain it.

Bought a 60 gallon 5 hp belt drive just like this. I don't have to stop and wait on it catch up very often. Its also vertical so it takes up less space.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/ingersoll-rand-5-hp-air-compressor-60-gal?cm_vc=-10005

This is why I would opt for a good electric sander and use the compressor for the other tools.

While Amps drop, Watts remains the same and that's what you pay for. Look at your bill. The only saving is in efficiency and smaller wire. You just don't get free electricity¡

Nobody is talking about free electricity. Only saving compressed air for the other tools.

I will not be using this enough to worry to much about energy costs as I will only use it on weekends. I have a few rusted areas I need to cut out on my K5 and then weld in and grind down. If the compressor runs low on air then I just drink a beer until it fills back up. I do want something that can bust 40 year old suspension bolts off as I add a new spring kit and an air ratchet for the smaller stuff. I would rather pay a little extra and get something that will last and i can use to build a deck or paint a kids bike or something from time to time. I am not opposed to using some electric tools if they will do the job.

Back
Top Bottom