• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Honest Covid Question

Apologies. I didn't have time for the last reply to be longer.

You are right that there is never a lack of disagreement among believers, and most stuff isn't important enough to argue.

What's important to me is this - the parable you're using addresses loving money more than God/eternal things. It uses a story about a money manager and the principle that a person who isn't trustworthy in small things can't be trusted with larger things. So the parable provides a strong main point and useful advice for trusting other people. There is no context in which these verses draw a distinction between the decision to trust other people and faith in God. Certainly, as you say, "extra prayers never hurt", but if I make a decision about wearing a mask or taking a vaccine based on what I know about my health and risk factors, and someone is praying for me because equate my decision to a lack of faith in God, they're doing it wrong.
I'll have to strongly but respectfully disagree wholeheartedly. The parable is about much more than just money...but, I don't want to derail the thread and get into a religious debate so I'll just leave it at that. :) No harm, no foul.

This is for those who either have taken or will be taking the c19 immunization.
It is said that If one has already had the virus, they can still catch it again? Do you believe this to be true or false?
The immunization is based on the same principle as the regular flu shot and work as a starter antibody for your immune system to make more antibodies. If there was any chance what so ever of this working don't you think those thats had the virus would already be protected?
50% of the immunizations being given are a placebo according to the CDC, which means you're just a test dummy...

Seriously, what are those getting/ trying to get the shot thinking?

I'll have to strongly but respectfully disagree wholeheartedly. The parable is about much more than just money...but, I don't want to derail the thread and get into a religious debate so I'll just leave it at that. :) No harm, no foul.
sniper22 sniper22 brought up the faith issue, so I think it would be ok to keep it as part of the conversation, but no need to venture off too far.. He and I usually agree as well. :)

To address the original post:

- I don't know what to make of people possibly getting the virus twice. Scientifically it makes more sense that either a person could either get a different strain or never fully recover from the first occurrence, of they have a weakened immune system that isn't producing antibodies as it should. Certainly we'll find out over time.

- I believe the 50% placebo statistic refers to the earlier trial phase and not the official distribution of the drug going on now. The controversy has been about those who received the placebo during testing and whether or not they should be prioritized to get the real vaccine now. Scientists argue that doing so effectively ends the continuing trial.

Pfizer vaccine has POTASSIUM CHLORIDE in it. That's the LETHAL injection drug.

What are the long term side effects?

No, won't take it.

Potassium Chloride???? Potassium Chloride!!!!! WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!

{PSSSST} You do know Potassium is naturally occurring and in your body to regulate your heartbeat and if you are deficient in Potassium, you’re given Potassium Chloride to help you live, right?

So, I did not nor intended on making this a religious debate and its stayed on track so far. The discussion of God and Faith are relevant in the discussion so everyone please, don't turn it in to a belief argument. If you have issues with my beliefs, meet me Sunday at church and we can talk about them when service is over.
Faith Baptist Church of Kingston Ga.
15 Carroll Slough Rd, Kingston, GA 30145

Sunday school starts at 10a and service starts around 11a.
Its not actually considered part of the Baptist association as it's actually just a Christian church. We have some higher risk folks that wear a mask and stay somewhat away from. Close contact but thats less than 1%.

If the virus itself don't promote antibodies, how can anyone in ther right mind believe the government came up with some BS that will cause your body to produce the antibodies? Everyone on here says it affects people differently? Some seem to be more resilient but again, how can the same vaccine work in folks who's body reacts different? Are people really this dumb? The mice never figure out why the cheese is free? I want this to stay in public general discussion so maybe someone can help me understand where I'm wrong.

So, I did not nor intended on making this a religious debate and its stayed on track so far. The discussion of God and Faith are relevant in the discussion so everyone please, don't turn it in to a belief argument. If you have issues with my beliefs, meet me Sunday at church and we can talk about them when service is over.
Faith Baptist Church of Kingston Ga.
15 Carroll Slough Rd, Kingston, GA 30145

Sunday school starts at 10a and service starts around 11a.
Its not actually considered part of the Baptist association as it's actually just a Christian church. We have some higher risk folks that wear a mask and stay somewhat away from. Close contact but thats less than 1%.

If the virus itself don't promote antibodies, how can anyone in ther right mind believe the government came up with some BS that will cause your body to produce the antibodies? Everyone on here says it affects people differently? Some seem to be more resilient but again, how can the same vaccine work in folks who's body reacts different? Are people really this dumb? The mice never figure out why the cheese is free? I want this to stay in public general discussion so maybe someone can help me understand where I'm wrong.
I'll try.

First of all, the virus does cause your body to create antibodies. How efficiently your body does that has to do with your body, not the virus. So your first statement is simply incorrect. Once again, it is extremely rare that a person that has had Covid gets reinfected.

Every disease affects different people differently ways. Think about it. Why does one person survive cancer and another doesn't. That doesn't mean the basic mechanism of cancer is different. It just means the two people have different reactions to it. This is true of every disease known to man. People just seem to have a more pronounced variety of reactions to Covid than other diseases. Or at least it looks that way. How would we know that some people were asymptomatic when they had the plague?

It's a bad disease, take the politics out of it. Most people seem to handle it well, and then for whatever reason others just drop like flies.

New elected Congressman gets it and drops deal, age 41, no health issues. Yesterday, some healthy 18 year old girl gets it, and 3 days later she's dead. I am still waiting to see if one of my best friends pulls through and can get off the ventilator... no underlying health issues with him either... It's a crazy disease and you just can't predict what its going to do to you...

Not to mention that while most survive it, many have ongoing and lingering issues... some with heart damage, others with cognitive issues, or other organs that are compromised... those side effect will likely have complications and an impact down the road... so it's not just what happens today...

All I know is that China needs to pay for this. I don't believe that they did it on purpose... But clearly, they were ****ing with something that they should not have been, and were pretty loosey goosey with the safety protocols(big surprise) and it got out...

When a country does something that kills a couple million people across the globe, and an incalculable amount of finacial damage... there has to be some sort of reckoning...

It's a bad disease, take the politics out of it. Most people seem to handle it well, and then for whatever reason others just drop like flies.

New elected Congressman gets it and drops deal, age 41, no health issues. Yesterday, some healthy 18 year old girl gets it, and 3 days later she's dead. I am still waiting to see if one of my best friends pulls through and can get off the ventilator... no underlying health issues with him either... It's a crazy disease and you just can't predict what its going to do to you...

Not to mention that while most survive it, many have ongoing and lingering issues... some with heart damage, others with cognitive issues, or other organs that are compromised... those side effect will likely have complications and an impact down the road... so it's not just what happens today...

All I know is that China needs to pay for this. I don't believe that they did it on purpose... But clearly, they were ****ing with something that they should not have been, and were pretty loosey goosey with the safety protocols(big surprise) and it got out...

When a country does something that kills a couple million people across the globe, and an incalculable amount of finacial damage... there has to be some sort of reckoning...
I think the entire world should cancel any debt they have to China. That would be a good start.

I'll try.

First of all, the virus does cause your body to create antibodies. How efficiently your body does that has to do with your body, not the virus. So your first statement is simply incorrect. Once again, it is extremely rare that a person that has had Covid gets reinfected.

Every disease affects different people differently ways. Think about it. Why does one person survive cancer and another doesn't. That doesn't mean the basic mechanism of cancer is different. It just means the two people have different reactions to it. This is true of every disease known to man. People just seem to have a more pronounced variety of reactions to Covid than other diseases. Or at least it looks that way. How would we know that some people were asymptomatic when they had the plague?
So based on your theory, the immunization is worthless? If your body can't produce its own antibodies then why take a seed from it? Try to remember, not everyone believes what anyone says just because of who says it. Proof is in the pudding so show me your reasons for thinking our body don't make antibodies.

Back
Top Bottom