Horsepower vs torque

my inline 6 turbo 5.9 is a low HP model but it is very powerful because of the torque. but i cant go 100mph. The Hp doesnt have much to do with my power in comparison to the turbo that goes up to 30psi, 4" short turbo back straight pipe and an intake. yalls power to torque convo seems to be more directed to naturally aspirated vehicles ? you cant beat a cummins tho !!!!!

What type vehicle?

I’m looking at an Isuzu NQR, rated at 215 @ 2500rpm, & 452 ft/lbs @ 1800rpm for a chip truck.

GVWRis 17,950lbs & GCWR is 23,950lb.

My chipper weighs 6,000lbs +/-, leaving me Enough, l believe for a 15 yard chip body.

Does that sound terrible?

I think Those GVWRs are gonna put you into needing a CDL, electronic logbooks , DOT number , quarterly fuel Milage filings, etc etc

I like manuals, (my last was a mildly upgraded 05 GTO, 440 hp LS2), but no fun in stop and start commuting. Hardly ever had a chance to wind it open, (with any safety / legality), around where I live, so sadly parted ways with it. I wish I hadn't.

True

I had more fun driving my 1.3 liter Mazda 323 5 speed than a much faster higher power car

I paid $200 for the Mazda so I bounced it off the redline in every gear

my inline 6 turbo 5.9 is a low HP model but it is very powerful because of the torque. but i cant go 100mph. The Hp doesnt have much to do with my power in comparison to the turbo that goes up to 30psi, 4" short turbo back straight pipe and an intake. yalls power to torque convo seems to be more directed to naturally aspirated vehicles ? you cant beat a cummins tho !!!!!

Always like Cummins better than a cat
Mine were 350-375 HP
But 1300 ft lbs TQ @ 1200 RPM
Moved my 18 wheeler pretty good

It’s Under 26,000 lbs, & under 10,000 lbs towed: how so?

Company i work for has some 3/4 ton pickups and you're supposed to have a logbook and DOT number on the side and a medical card if you hook a trailer to it
Dont have to have a CDL but if you hook a trailer to a 3/4 ton pickup all the other stuff kicks in

Hp is a calculation of torque. Dynos don't measure Hp, they measure torque. hp=torque x rpm/5252. 5252 is the rpm at which the torque curve and the hp curve cross. All that BS said...torque's what gets you moving.

Oh, thank heaven someone else knows this!!! HP is a mathematical function of torque. At 5252 RPM (as said above) HP = TQ.

So many variables as others have mentioned, but look at Audi and their diesel GTP cars. They went to diesel for the torque (and lower noise) and made up the top end with gearing.

I pulled a Buick 455 to put in a 1975?Camaro. 510 lb/ft of torque with only 370 HP. Tire-fryer.

Go torque for day to day.

ra,unisex_tshirt,x2200,101010:01c5ca27c6,front-c,267,146,1000,1000-bg,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom