• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

House passes spending bill that includes selling milsurp 1911s through CMP

With prices starting at $1000 for rack grade pistols. :shocked:

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2016/01/1...ent=2016-01-22&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

"The Civilian Marksmanship Program had a booth at the 2016 SHOT Show Industry Day at the Range. I spoke with CMP Chief Operating Officer Mark Johnson about the 1911 pistols the CMP is expected to receive from the U.S. Army for civilian sales."

"They have no idea on the condition of the pistols in inventory. But, based on their experience with M1Garand the CMP expects there will be Rack Grade, Field Grade, Service Grade, and Collector Grade pistols available and that he expects 10% to be in the worst condition, 10% to be in the best condition, and the rest somewhere in the middle. (He later added that the CMP will thoroughly inspect, repair, and test fire all pistols prior to sale). The pricing is expected to start at about $1,000 per pistol with the better grades “priced accordingly.”

Which means $1500+ on ODT.
Probably so.......and $1000 for a refinished, mixed parts, re-arsenal-ed pistol is already more than I would pay. No worries, I expect the demand to be through the roof with many willing paying way more than the true value without even batting an eye.

Back
Top Bottom