• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

House passes spending bill that includes selling milsurp 1911s through CMP

I have come across a ww2 Remington rand that had been stippled, so sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Careful FrogMan FrogMan , you will draw the ire of the self-appointed thread content monitors who have so eloquently expressed their disdain for comments using running ODT jokes related to stipple criticism.

Closet stiple lovers is my "slow-witted and unoriginal" guess.

_ a stippled WW2 Rem. Rand? Tragic.

:focus:

Like others have suggested, I'm disappointed to hear the news on estimated price point for the milsurp 1911s. Had high hopes they would be far less.

I thought the 10k limit/year was an Obama thing, the new law dumps them all at once in the first year.

You're right... The new bill allows them all to be offered at once where the old law limited them to 10K a year if I remember right. Of course the old law required State Dept (?) approval before releasing any, which would never have happened under a Dem administration.

The new law will definitely see these released, but the wheels of government turn slowly... hence the 2018 expected timeframe.

I see these would be released all at once, I think CMP could handle 100K units, it's not like they are covered up with Garands.

It'll be interesting to see if it survives committee although I can't see why it wouldn't.

I see these would be released all at once, I think CMP could handle 100K units, it's not like they are covered up with Garands.

It'll be interesting to see if it survives committee although I can't see why it wouldn't.

I would think it would make it through OK as well... it doesn't seem to be high on Bloomberg's hit list.

Back
Top Bottom