• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

House to house searches

Just a quick note to give you an idea of how ludicrous NJ firearms law is. Possession of a slingshot, yes a slingshot carries an 18 month prison term.

That's f'in ridiculous. I absolutely love the south, and I expect to stay here. You couldn't pay me enough to live in the Northeast.
I'm guessing that's why you moved.

That's f'in ridiculous. I absolutely love the south, and I expect to stay here. You couldn't pay me enough to live in the Northeast.
I'm guessing that's why you moved.

Not exactly, but it was an incredible incentive. I've never spent a better $2.50 than paying the toll to cross the Delaware river headed west.

How much did it cost to prove your innocence?

$3500, and that was after a discount. Evan was very good friends with the owner of the gun shop I managed.

Honestly though Dave, the money wasn't the worst part. The worst was the three month wait until my court appearance. Just thinking about how to tell my then 3 year old daughter that daddy might be "away" for a couple years just about killed me. That along with all of the treats being a felon brings. I knew I was within the law, but in NJ the law is so messed up there is always the chance you will get screwed.
I'm about as straight laced as it comes. I don't speed, I don't jaywalk, I follow gun laws to a "t", so it was extra tough.

Last edited:
$3500, and that was after a discount. Evan was very good friends with the owner of the gun shop I managed.

Honestly though Dave, the money wasn't the worst part. The worst was the three month wait until my court appearance. Just thinking about how to tell my then 3 year old daughter that daddy might be "away" for a couple years just about killed me. That along with all of the treats being a felon brings. I knew I was within the law, but in NJ the law is so messed up there is always the chance you will get screwed.
I'm about as straight laced as it comes. I don't speed, I don't jaywalk, I follow gun laws to a "t", so it was extra tough.

Think about the guy who doesn't have access to the best attorney to prove he innocent.

What could possibly go wrong opening your doors to an unwarranted search?

Not a fan of Marshall Law. This is too close to that for me. I have nothing to hide, however, that doesn't mean you get to come in and look "for my safety". I think I am going to know if a mass murder is in my home, if so, I'll take care of it. IF I need the police, I'll call them.

Back
Top Bottom