• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How about survival shows.......

TBurnham

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
41   0
Reaction score
Which ones do you like IF any??
For me it would be the one where they drop the guy out and leave him. I think he "likes" drinking his own urine too much but he does have some great tips. He also has several shows on SPIKE TV online that you can watch. Several of them I found very informative!!

Survivorman (with Les Stroud) is my favorite, he teaches some good things and the show is entertaining enough to be watchable. Its also a little more watchable I think because it seems (from a viewers perspective) to be more based in reality. he is alone, films his own footage, carries his own gear, etc.

Man vs Wild (with Bear Grylls) is funny, and teaches some cool ****, but I don't find it believable. I have read various articles that say it is actually a total hoax, and the host stays in hotels usually when filming a survival "simulation." AKA he is a fake, but knows a few cool tricks.

I also like Survivorman with Les Stroud the most. It's much more real. I don't think Bear Grylls even spends the night outside on Man vs. Wild. Don't get me wrong, Bear was in the special forces and summited Mt. Everest. Those are some accomplishments that prove he is a bad ass. I just think the show is a little less realistic. And I really don't like it when they throw in a episode about urban scenarios.

I also enjoy Dual Survival. Cody and Dave survive together. Dave is a military trained sniper/hunter. Cody is a survivalist who hasn't worn shoes in 20 years. He teaches survival courses in Arizona. This show is very realistic. They do have a camera crew so who knows if they sneak food/water off camera, but I don't think so as much stuff as Dave kills for food. Good one to watch, but I think the last episode may have just run for this season.

The one called Man, woman wild or something like that is kind of cheesy. I've seen the dude on other stuff and he is pretty capable. They put his wife on there and although she is easy on the eyes, it makes the show a little less rugged. They are always honey this honey that. She got overheated on one show and they radiod for water, food and a sleeping bag. Never see that on other shows.

Last edited:
Yeah I think the last episode was this past Friday. Tune into Discovery this coming Friday @ 8:00. There is a repeat episode of Dual Survival, new Man,Woman,Wild @ 9:00 and a new show with Les Stroud called Beyond Survival @ 10:00. New Man vs. Wild this Wednesday at 9:00.

Keep watching on Friday nights. Looks like the repeats continue.

I have not seen Dual Survival but I am a fan of Cody Lundin. Bear Gryls and Les Stroud have had some decent shows. If I can learn at least one thing from any of these shows and then apply it, I feel that the time spent watching has been worthwhile.

MY favorite is Survivor Man. Les is a nut. ...eats a terminte,"Mmmmmm, quite delicious." :D
He is the most realistic, I think and he is the only one that goes it solo. Everyone else has a camera crew with them. Lots of times if Les got in trouble it would chage the show to Corpse Man.

Dual survivor is funny. Yes they show some useful things but they also show some hilarious failures. Last week I watched them word 2 days to hollow out a log that sank when Cody got in it. They talked about making sure to keep completely out of the water and barefuoot Cody is chest deep in it standing in his sunken canoe...LOL The one where Dave got lit up by 40 or so bees trying to steal honey after Cody begged him not to was also a riot.

Back
Top Bottom