• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How do I figure out if I can shoot on my property?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You only need a couple of acres on a very long, somewhat narrow lot.

Two acres is a bit under 10,000 sq yards, so if you had a lot 110 yards across, you could build your house, turn your back yard into the start of the range and push put a berm about 90 yards, down at the end of the garden.

Thanks for the answers guys. I'm currently on 1 acre of land and only about 1/5th of it is more than 50 yards from a road. Don't plan to be shooting on this property.

Asking in advance as I plan to buy some land/build a house in the future and am trying to figure out how space I would need to comfortably shoot.

You can call the local po-po’s non-emergency number and ask ‘em. I did that to get a dependable answer thay was specific to my piece of land. They gave me a couple of great suggestions about laying out my range too

I live in northeast Gwinnett county and I was wondering what would be the best way to figure out if/how I can recreationally shoot firearms on my property.

Do I have to be greater than a certain distance from the road? From the neighbors? Outside of certain city limits? Can I get noise complaints?

Any help appreciated. Thanks!
Just pull the trigger and run.

Don’t buy land to shoot on anywhere that’s near residential areas unless you can afford to buy something big enough to control all your surface danger zones. You’ll be asking for headaches if you do. Go way out and buy some forest land that’s adjacent to large acreage or USNF. I suspect that you’re going to have difficulty finding something like that near you in Gwinnett but at the current pace of development you need to factor the chance of growth in five - ten years that would impact your plans before you go through the trouble of buying land for that purpose.

Are you a grown ass man, living in America? It's your property, run it.

Eff the effing gubbamint!

Do what you want, today.

Tomorrow will take care of itself.

34DAC91B-CF4F-4742-9DBA-D31E3780960A.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom