• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

how do you let go

Ain't had a tat since 03. I still want one just like my current avatar with Snoopy sitting on his doghouse full of bullet holes. That or the cover of the Iron Maiden Aces High album.
Tattoos are usually a window into the personality of the owner. I told my second wife when we met that I wanted one of the classic crying clown holding a smoking pistol. To me that's heavy. She said maybe my next old lady would be okay with it.
When I was young it was music and as I got older it became tattoos, yet tattoos can't cover the pain, hurt and anger. But I still get them as it does help, and then firearms came, I use to be heavily into learning about them and taking them apart and that has fallen apart too over the years.

1st things 1st. You already realize that financially you're draining yourself by choice. They say money can't buy happiness but that's not true. Financial freedom IS a big part of happiness. When you can do that for yourself, it plays a big part in the rest of your life falling into place. Taking care of yourself first fixes your head and gets your priorities straight. When that happens, you'll learn to quit enabling others. Eventually you'll meet the right one and you'll both be on the same page. You know this in your heart to be true...you just have to follow it. Mentally and logically you may not believe or understand this but one day you'll be able to look back an realize it's true.

I've lived all of the above plus some...the sucky part about it is--sometimes NOBODY CAN TELL YOU SOMETHING THAT'S GONNA CLICK. You have to live it, deal with it, and with age comes wisdom. Sad but true. One day you will wake up and decide YOU are going to change things for yourself. You have a good job and opportunities in front of you. That in itself puts you halfway there...the rest is up to you...

I ain't dumb or ignorant about it, I know the issues I got, just haven't found a way to deal with them or let them go. I'm definitely smart yet play the dumb card if that is understandable

1st things 1st. You already realize that financially you're draining yourself by choice. They say money can't buy happiness but that's not true. Financial freedom IS a big part of happiness. When you can do that for yourself, it plays a big part in the rest of your life falling into place. Taking care of yourself first fixes your head and gets your priorities straight. When that happens, you'll learn to quite enabling others. Eventually you'll meet the right one and you'll both be on the same page. You know this in your heart to be true...you just have to follow it. Mentally and logically you may not believe or understand this but one day you'll be able to look back an realize it's true.

I've lived all of the above plus some...the sucky part about it is--sometimes NOBODY CAN TELL YOU SOMETHING THAT'S GONNA CLICK. You have to live it, deal with it, and with age comes wisdom. Sad but true. One day you will wake up and decide YOU are going to change things for yourself. You have a good job and opportunities in front of you. That in itself puts you halfway there...the rest is up to you...
Understandable, I made some bad decisions and choices as a kid and woke up one day and decided to change for the better. So I know it can be done and I can do it

Hard to do when she thinks she did nothing wrong, in her eyes she was a great parent

Nope. She doesn't think that even if she pretends.

Either way, forgive her. Forgiveness is perhaps the most powerful tool in the arsenal of mankind. Truly forgive her completely, and anyone else who you feel has wronged you. I speak from experience. We've all been wronged by someone. Forgive them and stop wasting your time with grudges. You won't believe the difference it will make. Their shortcomings are not your fault. Let it go and allow yourself the chance to move on.

Understandable, I made some bad decisions and choices as a kid and woke up one day and decided to change for the better. So I know it can be done and I can do it

That's it man! Realize your mistakes, learn from them and try to let go of the stuff you can't change...focus on what YOU want, what YOU CAN CHANGE!

You can do it man!

Back
Top Bottom