• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How do you stay occupied in the deer stand?

Shiver and think about being in a hot tub? Oh... and see how slowly you can scratch all those itches that never seem to be there until your WTF up in a tree.

Mostly try to pay attention to sound and movement ...
I'm more of an evening hunter and generally read and scan and read and scan and read and scan ...... I mostly read my little pocket new testament ;0)
If hunting with friends we do a little texting ....
Usually I just enjoy whatever critters are hanging around the stand . Had a bluebird try to evict me last year ;)
Have been in climbers an wind kick up and make for some swaying crazy rides..
Had various critters from coons to bobcats ,armadillos an possums, turkeys, woodpeckers an squirrels etc ..
Seeing the various critters and watching them do their thing. Not knowing you are right there is pretty dern cool !!
After you hunt certain stands and pretty much know deer trails an pattern you can kinda predict arrival times . I try to be focused from then till dark30 :0)

I also try and make sure I don't have any excuse to leave the woods. I bring a bag with some food to snack on, water, tp, ect.
I always end up grabbing me some gas station junk before I get to my spot. I feel like anne frank in the attic trying to eat ha

On the rare occasions I use a deer stand i go to sleep, I find I'm quieter and pretty motionless, deer usually walking up wakes me up.....or those dang squirrels throwing acorns at me.

Back
Top Bottom