• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How do you stay occupied in the deer stand?

I'm in the stand now reading this thread. I use my phone a lot. Although last sunday I got bored and put it away and my mind started wondering. With that being said I think I got a little depressed. I started thinking about money, holidays, work, and what the hell I keep coming out here when I don't see anything. Lol well needless to say I came down early and went home. Work was stressful this week, wife is having her minstrol cycle, and my two year old thinks he pays the mortgage. Yes. . . IM IN THE STAND AGAIN. Love my life

I listened to the UGA-Auburn game (via ear buds) this afternoon while hunting. But I truly like just being out there and enjoying the solitude.

Cledus 84 great reading. I got bored last year, in a ground blind, coffee, Mozart on my Ipod., reading Lee Child, fell asleep and woke up to a small doe looking at me, 20 ft.away. Gave her a little time to move away. 270 not the best choice for size and distance but very tasty.

I spend a lot of my time slowly scanning the area around me for any sign of movement. Once I get bored of that, I play games on my phone or read books on the Kindle app on my phone.

Wonder where public masturbation would fall on their rules violations....

Erroneous strangling of domestic poultry?

Other than that I have little input for this thread as I've quit all the popular game animals and enjoy the action and shooting challenge of squirrel hunting. Sitting in a tree hours on end without pulling the trigger has little appeal to me.

Nick T

Back
Top Bottom