JSoko

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
35   0
Reaction score
Should I remove some of the Fat?
it has a couple of big fat chunks
What I want to know is what to do as far as trimming the Brisket

PS: if you didn't already see it - KROGER has them this week for $2.99/lb.

I wish I had not gone so early
their truck had not arrived and they were all of a lot of items in the Meat section

Trim out all the hard fat pockets as they will not render down. Then trim all the loose fat from top. Trim fat side down to about a 1/4”. Trim the whole length where there may be some browning on the sides. Before you put rub on it I will cut a small chunk off the end in the direction that you will slice it (against the grain) otherwise it’s hard to see once smoked.

I also inject mine with beef broth, Worcestershire, melted butter, and some rub.

For rubs I use Recteq heffer dust and competition rub 50/50.

Inject everywhere then rubs. Wrap in plastic wrap and put in fridge for at least 24hrs.

Smoke at 225 until internal temp reaches 165 then wrap with 2 sheets of foil or paper (tight) until it hits 195 then start checking with probe thermometer. Should feel like you are sticking it into butter (everywhere). Let it go until this is the case.

Pull it, wrap it in a beach towel and put it in a cooler for min 4hrs.

Enjoy!

Trim out all the hard fat pockets as they will not render down. Then trim all the loose fat from top. Trim fat side down to about a 1/4”. Trim the whole length where there may be some browning on the sides. Before you put rub on it I will cut a small chunk off the end in the direction that you will slice it (against the grain) otherwise it’s hard to see once smoked.
This the way!

All good advice here!!!

18095 (1).jpeg
18097 (1).jpeg
18100 (1).jpeg
18102 (2).jpeg

Back
Top Bottom