• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How is the milsurp market these days?

So today I picked up a 1942 winchester M1 carbine. No bayo lug, push button safety, 2 rivet winchester handguard. W's on all parts I could see when I took the stock off. Here's the deal. The stock is not USGI. It doesn't have the cut for the oiler. Should I get a winchester stock from J&G for $100 or just leave the rifle as is?
If it were mine, I wouldn’t worry about it and save the $$ for ammo :)

So today I picked up a 1942 winchester M1 carbine. No bayo lug, push button safety, 2 rivet winchester handguard. W's on all parts I could see when I took the stock off. Here's the deal. The stock is not USGI. It doesn't have the cut for the oiler. Should I get a winchester stock from J&G for $100 or just leave the rifle as is?

If it were me I'd get the matching stock.

Oh, and congrats on the new carbine!

Thanks to Linachaw Linachaw was finally able to add a No.5 jungle carbine to my collection. I had been trying for Years but for one reason or another one kept alluding me. Only a few more holes to fill in the collection before I think I am happy and decide I need something else.
20221130_223318.jpg

I remember the Mosins in crates for $99. Fast forward to today...
Have several Vepr's built in the Molet factory and love em... Kalashnikov at its finest.
Fella had a Mosin that came from the Molet factory and sold it to me cheap. Found out why...
Had periodic light primer strikes. Adjusted firing pin to no avail. Bought a new firing pin spring and saw the original was shorter. New spring in and no more issue.
Put it in an archangel stock with adjustable butt stock and AK style magazine, drilled and tapped scope mount on receiver and aftermarket trigger set.
Damn accurate rifle and get plenty of cheap shooting with the $.20 ammo I bought years ago!

This thread is for guys who don't drill and tap milsurp rifles.......:boink:haha

But post pics of it!

Back
Top Bottom