• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How long before a labrador puppy will stop biting?

Just stipple her.
Then she'll be easier to handle, and it'll also double her value.

^ this works...But they have to bite a little bit. They’re teething. Their gums hurt I believe. I’ve always had labs. I put on some leather gloves and play with them, let them bite the crap out of my hand grab their teeth and shake them a little bit. Teach them when it’s play time and when to stop. When you tell him that’s it and stop, Taking off the gloves, if they bite you again you slap them a little bit.

Real labs are awesome. They can understand what you mean even if your commands arent always the same. My experience it takes at least two years up to five years to get the puppy out of the lab, depending on the dog. My yellow labs grow out of puppy stage earlier, around one year or more.
But they’re extremely trainable. Should be easy to train that dog not to bite you. Train only five minutes a day, that’s all they can pay attention. They’ll be sitting, staying, Leaving food on the ground without touching it, and coming to you within a few days.

The best thing you can do, once he she gets bigger, it’s exercise the dog.Their full of energy and have to get it out. If you don’t allow them to exercise, they will just work it out on your chair leg (chew it up).

Back
Top Bottom