• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How many a-holes will be dumping braces and braced guns on here over the next week?

I'm hoping to work a ton of overtime and buy up all the braces and braced guns that are sold by a-holes. I will then have them all destroyed and/or turned over to the ATF. Just doing my part.

Ask not what the ATF can do for you, but what you can do for the ATF.
You sir are a true hero

By the rule of constructive intent, a man could be sued for rape, on the grounds the he posses the proper equipment....
Which is why there is no such thing as "constructive intent." "Intent" is absolutely impossible to prove. The term everyone is looking for is "constructive possession." "Possession" is super easy to prove.

Here is a guide that might help some

70CAB9B8-62BD-4221-9AE6-EBC2036D2398.jpeg

So we are being told to "comply" with the ATF's new rewrite of the federal CFR defining rifles.
A federal agency telling us "we must comply"
I seem to recall another recent issue where folks were told to "comply" by federal agencies.....and take a jab.
Look how many folks raced to get in line for that. I detect a pattern here...
Pure blood here.

Seen a few folks trying to take advantage of the confusion to dump braces or braced guns on here since the ATF ruling on 1/13.

In case folks didn't wade through the 293 pages, as of Friday those things are SBRs or have the potential to make a gun an SBR. There is no legal way to transfer those items right now.

Yeah, it's stupid and it sucks, but for now it's also the law.

The ATF was very clear on this. Selling a braced gun is a felony right now. It's an SBR and you can't sell those without the right paperwork.

Don't know why the mods haven't jumped on this like they did with bump-stocks, but if you are looking at one of the ads up there right now.. save your pennies and your prison record.
It will all have to play out in the courts, don't get eager to SBR your pistol

Which is why there is no such thing as "constructive intent." "Intent" is absolutely impossible to prove. The term everyone is looking for is "constructive possession." "Possession" is super easy to prove.
This is what worries me most. If one were to attempt to comply with this caprecious edict, odds are there’s that one little item, forgotten in the pile of AR parts, that could be discovered and cause one to be bitten on the ass by overzealous Fed Bois.
Also, if one has registered one lower, and has multiple pistol uppers and also completed rifle lowers, would that leave you blowing in the wind?

This is what worries me most. If one were to attempt to comply with this caprecious edict, odds are there’s that one little item, forgotten in the pile of AR parts, that could be discovered and cause one to be bitten on the ass by overzealous Fed Bois.
Also, if one has registered one lower, and has multiple pistol uppers and also completed rifle lowers, would that leave you blowing in the wind?
I have SBR stamped lowers now. I put what ever upper on them I want. Nobody cares. Personally I think this whole idea of constructive WTF-ever is internet nonsense for the most part. I doubt there have been more than a few occasions of anyone being charged with such a thing and if so, they probably already had them on a host of other charges and that was just an add on.

I have SBR stamped lowers now. I put what ever upper on them I want. Nobody cares. Personally I think this whole idea of constructive WTF-ever is internet nonsense. I doubt there have been more than a few occassions of anyone being charged with such a thing and if so, they probably already had them on a host of other charges and that was just an add on.
Hope you are right, but..
I am Eeyore personified, and… read my sig line.

I have SBR stamped lowers now. I put what ever upper on them I want. Nobody cares. Personally I think this whole idea of constructive WTF-ever is internet nonsense. I doubt there have been more than a few occassions of anyone being charged with such a thing and if so, they probably already had them on a host of other charges and that was just an add on.
For the most part that is true, and while they arrest on constructive possession, their conviction rate is not that great.

Here are the best assembly of Gun cases I have found, there are a bunch...

https://www.titleii.com/bardwell/cases1.html

https://www.titleii.com/bardwell/cases2.html

Back
Top Bottom