• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How many a-holes will be dumping braces and braced guns on here over the next week?

For the most part that is true, and while they arrest on constructive possession, their conviction rate is not that great.

Here are the best assembly of Gun cases I have found, there are a bunch...

https://www.titleii.com/bardwell/cases1.html

https://www.titleii.com/bardwell/cases2.html
Which one of those cases had anything to do with constructive possession or intent? And which ones are against average citizens who had too many spare parts in their parts box? I didn't see any.

Ok but even in the FL case that was later dropped the guy was trying to sell the pistol along with a stock and vertical grip and a case for it all with cut outs for the pistol with stock attached. It is not like ATF came knocking on his door and asked to see what sort of parts he had laying around. They guy was doing something pretty dumb in most thinking people's opinion. Remember the old saying: play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Ok but even in the FL case that was later dropped the guy was trying to sell the pistol along with a stock and vertical grip and a case for it all with cut outs for the pistol with stock attached. It is not like ATF came knocking on his door and asked to see what sort of parts he had laying around. They guy was doing something pretty dumb in most thinking people's opinion. Remember the old saying: play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Correct, I agreed with you, most cases stemmed from another offense, (felon in possession from a drug case etc) and probably more than half of those were thrown out for lack of evidence.

Correct, I agreed with you, most cases stemmed from another offense, (felon in possession from a drug case etc) and probably more than half of those were thrown out for lack of evidence.
And they are calling constructive possession something different than what it is thought to be in most cases on the internet. Like the case of the guy charged as a felon with possession of a firearm because his girlfriend owned a shotgun and he was a felon and his finger print was on the gun. It was tossed because the appeals court judge agreed that they had no way of knowing at what point that fingerprint was put on the gun. It could have easily been before he was ever found guilty of a felony in the first place and they had no proof that he ever lived there or even stayed at her house for any length of time. That sounds nothing like what most people are thinking of as constructive possession.

The better question is how many people will be lowballing the AR pistol dumpers? I wonder if I can get a DD or knights for 500?

Back
Top Bottom