• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How many a-holes will be dumping braces and braced guns on here over the next week?

It was published in the FR last Friday.

As for why? It just bugs me when people try to take advantage of the less informed. If you don't fall into that catagory, then relax.

I never said anything about compliance. That's peverybody's personal choice.

If you want to knowingly commit a felony that's on you. I'm not concerned at all.
It was NOT published in the Federal Register Friday (13th) the AG signed it Friday the 13th in order to submit it to the federal register.

This is the press release saying this...

To save some reading

Today, the Department of Justice announced it has submitted to the Federal Register the “Stabilizing Braces” Final Rule, which makes clear that when manufacturers, dealers, and individuals use stabilizing braces to convert pistols into rifles with a barrel of less than 16 inches, commonly referred to as a short-barreled rifles, they must comply with the laws that regulate those rifles, including the National Firearms Act (NFA).

The rule goes into effect on the date of publication in the Federal Register.

I think people on here are forgetting the one most important aspect of our legal system, the jury. Fuc# the ATF, they can pass all the rules they want, but still need to convince a JURY to get a felony conviction. Out of 12 jurors, the probability of having several hard-core 2A advocates among those 12 is extremely high, especially in rural Georgia.
It's been a few years, but there are still some in the DOJ that remember a jury acquitting Randy Weaver for killing an ATF agent, then being awarded 3 1 million dollars in damages. It will only take one or two incidents where ATF agents are killed or seriously injured and subsequent jury acquittal of the suspects before they reverse course. I think they are also going to be shocked to find that when several are injured in a raid gone bad, like Waco, they are going to be given the cold shoulder seeking medical attention. I'd estimate around 75% of the trauma nurses and doctors where I work are extremely pro 2a and anti government. All I can say is hopefully they have phenomenal paramedics on their team or their chances of surviving are very slim.
I'm fairly confident that the majority of local law enforcement officers will refuse to assist them, and they have very limited resources. They simply do not have the resources or manpower to enforce this new " rule" . Even if they do try to make an example of someone the probability of a hung jury or acquittal is extremely high. The DOJ and ATF cannot, and will not ,risk numerous acquittals and loss of control.

From everything I've seen it was published in the FR Friday, in conjunction with the press release and all the rest.
Here is the Friday edition of the Federal Register, I can find no such document published for the Justice Dept in Fridays edition of the Federal Register

EPA tried the same thing trying to create law with climate change crap. supreme court pp kicked it into oblivion. they don't make law. HOR does. Plus, unless you wanna hold up a store or you enjoy your wife having a boyfriend who's turning their neighbors in? I'll stock to monogamy and not comply.

Seen a few folks trying to take advantage of the confusion to dump braces or braced guns on here since the ATF ruling on 1/13.

In case folks didn't wade through the 293 pages, as of Friday those things are SBRs or have the potential to make a gun an SBR. There is no legal way to transfer those items right now.

Yeah, it's stupid and it sucks, but for now it's also the law.

The ATF was very clear on this. Selling a braced gun is a felony right now. It's an SBR and you can't sell those without the right paperwork.

Don't know why the mods haven't jumped on this like they did with bump-stocks, but if you are looking at one of the ads up there right now.. save your pennies and your prison record.
DF1F08A1-5D04-437E-9B30-BAF819A01F9A.png

Seen a few folks trying to take advantage of the confusion to dump braces or braced guns on here since the ATF ruling on 1/13.

In case folks didn't wade through the 293 pages, as of Friday those things are SBRs or have the potential to make a gun an SBR. There is no legal way to transfer those items right now.

The ATF was very clear on this. Selling a braced gun is a felony right now. It's an SBR and you can't sell those without the right paperwork.

Don't know why the mods haven't jumped on this like they did with bump-stocks, but if you are looking at one of the ads up there right now.. save your pennies and your prison record.
First of all, the law doesn't go into effect for 120 days. Second, the count hasn't even started since it hasn't been published in the Federal Register yet.

9A2F1AA2-3095-4394-8B87-C70A23058B06.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom