• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How many is too many?

I think I'm starting to get into the "maybe too many" when I start buying duplicates. I came home excited 2 weeks ago and was like "Hey honey, check out this Super Blackhawk!" she was like "You already have that exact pistol" to which I said HARUMPF!

She promptly opened the spreadsheet and was like.. "Make: Ruger. Model Super Blackhawk, Cal. 44 Magnum. 10" Barrel. Finish, Blued. Serial # XXXX. Purchased 08/11/2018, Condition, Used. Private Sale, $600. Notes, None. Safe #3."

That's what I get for marrying a smart-ass Data Engineer :D
My favorite part of that great post was "Safe #3"

Having a few guns chambered for the same caliber is always a smart idea. Having duplicates of the same make and model gun chambered in the same caliber is even better.

I told my wife that I have "never lost money on guns" and she took that as an opportunity to build a database with all of them in there and what I paid so when I sell one she can analyze the return, or when I tell her it's such a great deal she can look at data on what recent sales of the same model were so she can predict its investment value.

She's a real hoot at parties.

I would guess her being as detail oriented has helped afford some of those guns.

I am glad I am not the only one that has done this.
It's fun to find one you forgot you had, every now and then.

It's happened to me a couple times.

But then again, it makes you wonder when the Alzheimers might move in permanently,as opposed to just visiting every now and then

I have guns that I forgot I bought.:bull_head:

So....when I get too many I go to Atlanta with a few and stand in a public place and ask passer by's a few questions about the world, politics and moral dilemmas.

At some point we get to talking about felonies, domestic abuse, the 2nd amendment and the American revolution.

Depending on the flow of the conversation and answers....they may be gifted a firearm.

What...I am am not a dealer, not making a profit.
Most of my kin need to be put into a mental institution so I know I am not leaving them my vast wealth.

The bad part of this is now I realize for the most part America is dead as a people.
A people that wants to be spied on and told what to think and do if it makes their apps work better.
A people that could not survive more than a week if they couldn't run down to a restaurant or Walmart if catastrophe struck.
A people who have to have instant gratification, who can't watch a movie or read a book with out checking their phone non stop.

How much is enough.
I don't buy/trade for firearms to accumulate them...I get them to shoot them and enjoy the hobby, sport, for defensive and hunting purposes if need be.

If I can bring more people into the light about about life liberty and the pursuit of happiness by getting them into shooting and enlighten them to what the Constitution of these United States means it is a win for all of us as a country.

Our schools use to teach the ability to solve problems and think for ourselves, now it is common core with the no kid left behind mentality.
We teach them what to think and do as your told.

Soooo..my soap box is starting to crack from the weight.

The answer is as many as you want till our goobernment says you can only have a musket if you pass the five year waiting period...and have no affiliations with the defunct Republican party or such.

Buy all of them and stack em deep.

Gunpowder Santa.

Back
Top Bottom