How many is too many?

I had today off and hit the spare piles bin. I was able to piece together 2 complete ARs. I have spare parts for probably ~3 more, on top of the built rifles I already have.

I have 2 rattlers. That's crazy!

I'm going to probably organize and sell some stuff off. I have things I haven't shot in years and I found ammo I bought from when I lived in Florida. That was 2006....

I was in the same boat. I started working young and have always made a decent wage in the trades. I was single until my early 30's. I bought firearms like they were going out of style. At one point I had 23 Glocks (peasant pistols, I know....) and at least 20 rifles in 30-06 alone. One day I started thinking this is ridiculous. I'm married now with 2 kids. They'll end up selling this crap off for pennies on the dollar. So I started consolidating and turning my herd into collectibles that will appreciate in value. I've been working on creating a list with current market values that my wife can go by should something happen to me. I also plan to give most all of them to my children with the condition that should they ever need money and want to sell them, they have to sell them back to me. In which case, they'll get them again when I keel over.

I was in the same boat. I started working young and have always made a decent wage in the trades. I was single until my early 30's. I bought firearms like they were going out of style. At one point I had 23 Glocks (peasant pistols, I know....) and at least 20 rifles in 30-06 alone. One day I started thinking this is ridiculous. I'm married now with 2 kids. They'll end up selling this crap off for pennies on the dollar. So I started consolidating and turning my herd into collectibles that will appreciate in value. I've been working on creating a list with current market values that my wife can go by should something happen to me. I also plan to give most all of them to my children with the condition that should they ever need money and want to sell them, they have to sell them back to me. In which case, they'll get them again when I keel over.
You want a grown kid ?? :becky:

All my firearms have a purpose now. Like specific comps guns, hunting guns, or general purpose. That’s how I’ve viewed my collection. I have enough where it’s a little ridiculous for one person, but if split between my four boys they’ll have one of each style for hunting, comps, self defense.

All my firearms have a purpose now. Like specific comps guns, hunting guns, or general purpose. That’s how I’ve viewed my collection. I have enough where it’s a little ridiculous for one person, but if split between my four boys they’ll have one of each style for hunting, comps, self defense.
I have so many fudd rifles that do the exact same thing it looks like I’m running a 1960s deer camp out of my house.

From a "human" perspective, I’d agree with the saying of "one can never have enough guns or ammo"…. my safe is full to overflowing and I’m trying to pare back some of it…. but the question in your post puts me in mind of a story in the New Testament we could probably all learn something from….(especially me)

“So Jesus told them this story: A rich man's farm produced a big crop, and he said to himself, “What can I do? I don't have a place large enough to store everything.” Later, he said, “Now I know what I'll do. I'll tear down my barns and build bigger ones, where I can store all my grain and other goods. Then I'll say to myself, ‘You have stored up enough good things to last for years to come. Live it up! Eat, drink, and enjoy yourself.’ ” But God said to him, “You fool! Tonight you will die. Then who will get what you have stored up?” “This is what happens to people who store up everything for themselves, but are poor in the sight of God.” ‭‭Luke‬ ‭12‬:‭16‬-‭21‬

Now, I’m gonna have to go post yet another gun for sale….

There's nothing better than getting paid to look out the window....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Paid to look out... Are you hiring?

Back
Top Bottom