• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How many of your can hold 1 MOA from your typical shooting position while hunting?

Having an sub moa rifle increases your margin for error. the key to shooting accurately from Treestands, slung, etc is to actually get off the Bench and go Practice. In Precision rifle matches you shoot Moa size targets out to distance from improvised positions to get the average person out of their comfort zone. As somebody else mentioned, aim small miss small.

Hell no.
When I was young I could hold pretty strong, but the years of diabetes has messed up my nerves.
Funny thing is I can balance a motorcycle in any circumstance. Weird.
I'm with you, between nerve damage, cataracts, nueropathy etc,it has put a damper in my shooting abilities.

I said in the other thread I don't hunt. Well lack of ability is partially why.
And this is exactly why I've made the comments I have in these two threads.

If a new, potential or youth hunter were to read some of the opinions in them and be dissuaded from hitting the deer woods because they can't close those 3" groups they're consistently putting up, it would be a shame.

And this is exactly why I've made the comments I have in these two threads.

If a new, potential or youth hunter were to read some of the opinions in them and be dissuaded from hitting the deer woods because they can't close those 3" groups they're consistently putting up, it would be a shame.
That would be a shame. But there are a few I'd LOVE to dissuade. Like the guy in the club I was in one year that fired off half a dozen rounds at last light. Back at came I asked what he shot and he said he saw some deer on the horizon skylined about 300 yards away so cut loose. I asked him how many he got. He said "I guess none, I didn't look." I drug him back out there and made him look for about an hour with me. Thankfully we didn't find anything or any sign of a hit (hopefully nobody died downrange). It was my first, and LAST year in that club.

That would be a shame. But there are a few I'd LOVE to dissuade. Like the guy in the club I was in one year that fired off half a dozen rounds at last light. Back at came I asked what he shot and he said he saw some deer on the horizon skylined about 300 yards away so cut loose. I asked him how many he got. He said "I guess none, I didn't look." I drug him back out there and made him look for about an hour with me. Thankfully we didn't find anything or any sign of a hit (hopefully nobody died downrange). It was my first, and LAST year in that club.
Yikes! Too bad Hunters Safety Course doesn't have an intervention squad.

Back
Top Bottom