• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How much do you talk with your neighbors?

Haven't talked to one neighbor in 15-20 years. Other one maybe once every other month. We both agree what happens on my place is my business, what happens on his is his business.
On the bright side if something happens, I know he has my back and I have his.
That's called country living.

Haven't talked to one neighbor in 15-20 years. Other one maybe once every other month. We both agree what happens on my place is my business, what happens on his is his business.
On the bright side if something happens, I know he has my back and I have his.
That's called country living.
My thoughts exactly.

Just got off the phone with my mother, who is in central Florida. I asked her about her water, food situation, prescriptions. Fortunately, she's pretty well stocked up, but the one negative was her whole house generator quit about a month ago. She had a new one scheduled for install today, and now the vendor is balking, saying they need a crane to remove the old unit (it's a liquid cooled 20KW unit). That issue never came up when the company came to inspect her existing unit, so I'm not buying that. I suspect they've got more demand than they can handle this week, and it's an excuse to scam an elderly person.

I'm ready to tell her to make her go/no go decision within the next 18 hours, so she can avoid getting stuck on I-75 on her way to me.

An ATL city slicker retires to the North GA mountains and hears a knock on his door.

Looks out on the porch and there's a man in overalls, missing teeth and a scraggly beard.
The hillbilly asks the city slicker "You livin' up here now?"

City slicker replies "yes, do you live here?"
Hillbilly says" I live up in the holler' and wanted to invite you to a party friday night.
They'll be a whole lot of drinkin', a whole lot of fightin' and a whole lot of f***in'"

City slicker says " that sounds like fun, what can I bring?"
Hillbilly says "you ain't gotta bring nothin' cause it's just gonna be you and me!"

I like my neighbor.......

IMG_20170820_134532602.jpg

I just added another 2 barrells, to my Water supply recently from a ODT member. That makes (5) 50 gallon water drums for me my wife and son, I would not help any of my neighbors except for the old couple next to me. I have people who are always saying yeah I need to put stuff away for the future. I had one friend tell me and my wife, if something happens I'm coming to your house. My wife was like and you would get shot you like any other Looter!! Why, do people think that if you have prepared that they can borrow off you?? The guys wife spoke to me later and asked me if my wife was serious, I said off course she is serious what makes your family more important than mine?? After, this message I'm texting all my Friends about being prepared for emergencies.
I have the same dilemma with in-laws that live close(sometimes too close. LOL) that don't prepare. If something happened, feeding 4 more people would effectively cut my supplies in half and I'm not sure I'd be willing to do that. Especially when they didn't take my advice and prepare. I've also heard them say they'd be coming to my house if SHTF. They might be in for a surprise.;

Back
Top Bottom