• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How to avoid individuals with multiple accounts

When someone violates the rule about multiple accounts, why are they not banned? The latest drama sends a message to everyone that it is okay to have multiple accounts.

What about folks like me who post from work? There are probably 15-20 of us posting from the same IP.

I'm not talking about IP, I'm referring to stuff like the stuff that came out today. I know it won't stop all the problems, but the risk of getting caught and having your original account banned would stop some of it and would not effect the members who only have one username.

I could then buy two more Glocks and have 200 left over for ammo. I have no pity for dumbasses, and anyone paying more than 400-475 for a used Glock, is a dumbass.

I hear ya, and some agree with that line of thinking, however, they create another account to do so.........

I'm not talking about IP, I'm referring to stuff like the stuff that came out today. I know it won't stop all the problems, but the risk of getting caught and having your original account banned would stop some of it and would not effect the members who only have one username.

WyldeDime looks exactly the same as the other fellas using the IP address. As far as Steve or any of the other mods know, we are all the same person.

First charge to have access to ODT then --> Require your avatar to be a picture of you holding up an account sign up number that would be emailed to you (kind of like in inmate #) when you make the account. Also, have your billing and shipping addresses saved to compare to newly opened accounts to weed out the doubles. Basically ruin ODT...

This is a FREE forum and multi accounts are part of life. It sucks that people have little to no character but thats how life goes sometimes.

As far as IP addresses go. I have 4 computers in my house....that = 4 accounts if I wanted. You can also hide your routers IP to get around that as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom