• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How to avoid individuals with multiple accounts

The worst thing a forum can do is turn into a nazi state and try to 'protect' its users with all kinds of rules.
The current way this forum is run seems quite adequate to me. I see this whole topic as mostly a waste.
The rules should be as few as possible and the user him/her self should be the responsible party in transactions.
Also, some folks have other family members living in the same home, using the same IP etc who have their
own account. Trying to police all of that is a total waste of time. Use this place like you would a library, realizing
that its UP TO YOU to find the right 'book'....not the librarian.

I know of one guy on here right now that is using a different name after getting negatives. At least one mod knows who he is. I wish they would merge his accounts.

Funny YOU would mention high prices.

What do you mean by that? To my knowledge, I have never dealt with you. I have bought and sold very few items recently due to the higher prices.

If you are going to put something like this out there, you need to back it up...

I know you have deleted all your listings since Newtown but you were throwing things up for ridiculous prices. I only put people on ignore who were selling things for 3X retail. It was your decision and I applaud you for being an opportunist.

I just find it funny if somebody did do as you described to somebody who was making a nice profit. I find it freakin hilarious.

You must have me confused with someone else. The only thing I have posted, sold, traded or deleted in the past month was trading Glock mags to Trader Jordan. I have 67 positive feedbacks.

If you are going to make accusations, provide specific examples and proof or delete your comments.

The only thing I had listed that was high was .38 wad cutter ammo, which I was selling at the price I traded into it based on Cheaper Than Dirt prices.

You must have me confused with someone else. The only thing I have posted, sold, traded or deleted in the past month was trading Glock mags to Trader Jordan. I have 67 positive feedbacks.

If you are going to make accusations, provide specific examples and proof or delete your comments.

The only thing I had listed that was high was .38 wad cutter ammo, which I was selling at the price I traded into it based on Cheaper Than Dirt prices.

Like I said, you delete all of your classified posts. Well played!

As a mod on a national car forum, all you have is your word. I've seen many people called out for switching user names on ours. On our forum the FS requires 100 legitimate posts and pictures with user name and date on them for anything you sell. It would be a nightmare to manage on a site dedicated to selling like this one.

I keep my name the same on all the forums I'm on, because I don't have anything to hide.

Back
Top Bottom