How to ID a Colt upper and/or barrel?

I traded a few years ago here on the ODT with a member for this Colt, and told it was Colt. I tucked it so far back in my safe I forgot about it. I am looking it over and for some reason the barrel does not match what I see other Colt barrels look like. The serial number on the lower has the LE prefix, but how can I tell if an upper is Colt or not?

View attachment 5520620
Possibly colt Expanse upper and barrel.
All Colt barrels are stamped with a “C” usually in front of the front sight tower, followed by twist and caliber, sometimes “CMB”, “C chrome bore” etc. Upper receivers can have a “C” or not - depending on year of production. Front sight towers usually have an “F” in the forging. Early thin barreled 6720s had shinny 6 hole insulated handguard’s. Some M4 6920s have cage codes.

Is there anything stamped on that barrel?
Colt hasn't "F" marked FSBs for a few years.

I traded a few years ago here on the ODT with a member for this Colt, and told it was Colt. I tucked it so far back in my safe I forgot about it. I am looking it over and for some reason the barrel does not match what I see other Colt barrels look like. The serial number on the lower has the LE prefix, but how can I tell if an upper is Colt or not?

View attachment 5520620
From the looks of the barrel and swivel it’s a colt expanse or similar that some parts where contracted out at the time. If you posted pics of the rifle I could tell you for sure. Lower and grip mainly

Back
Top Bottom