• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How's your bow hunting going?

I have not seen much either.The woods are still some damn thick its hard to get a good bow shot off. Plus I am new to these woods and I am trekking a little at a time. Now that gun is here I will be hitting the thicker woods and introduce those dear to my new 308! Yea Baby Yea :cool:

I have not seen a darn thing... I have been working or on-call all of October. I plan to go out Friday night for my one and only bow hunting session... Yeah - Work!!!

Good Luck all

Shot one doe that I never found after hours of searching and missed 4 more does. Still haven't seen any bucks. Apparently, I am horrible at judging range and need to invest in a laser rangefinder.

lost a doe.....angling towards me, got a single lung, liver shot and never found her......lots of good blood for about 200 yards and then nada!........looked all night and the next day....

Shot one doe that I never found after hours of searching and missed 4 more does. Still haven't seen any bucks. Apparently, I am horrible at judging range and need to invest in a laser rangefinder.
Yea me too. I shoot at one buck and watched that arrow fly past and just keep on going. First year bow hunting so I've got a lot to learn.

Here's my update:
Last night an 8 pt got within 15 yds of me. Just When I was going to draw, he bolted.
I assume he caught my scent.

But didn't see a thing this morning.

Back
Top Bottom