• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

HTA 9mm Guardian.

Laxguy59

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
64   0
Reaction score
Okay so I got to hold the Huntertown Arms Guardian 9mm, and I have to say I was impressed.

Stainless steel baffles which protect the tube from lead(alot like the spectre)
User serviceable so you can shoot rimfire and lead cast
A seriously solid warranty
And a great price

Is there any real downside to this can?
- I know it can't take 3 lug, but I don't have or want 3 lug.

I'm really thinking about jumping on one I saw at a great price from a cool SOT.

Quick comparison:

HTA 9mm:
8.5" @ 10.2oz, and a slightly smaller than usual 1.25" diameter. (longest)
Stainless guts that protect tube, aluminum endcap, Not sure if stainless tube?
MSRP: $350

SWR Octane 9: (heaviest)
7.5" @ 10.78oz, the industry standard 1.375" diameter
Stainless guts that protect tube, aluminum tube
MSRP: $850

AAC Ti-rant 9: (longish, lightish)
7.9" @ 8.6oz, 1.38 diameter
Steel & aluminum baffles(tube not protected), Titanium tube(light, strong)

Osprey9: (Shortest, Lightest)
7" @ 9.8oz
All aluminum, not user servicable

Also saw the Stainless Steel HTA Guardian 22 and it was a nice can, could have had some better machining in a few spots, but nothing to fret over.

Its a seriously great can. I sold my personal 9mm can and am using this one as a demo right now. It is very quiet and over 50% off all others. I see no downside to it unless you need 3 lug ability. I have all the fixed mounts in stock now.

You are right on the SS22 as well. May not be the shiniest baffles out there, but they work and are very affordable for an SS can.

They are coming out with a 45 version soon.

Also, I will meet or beat ANY quoted HTA price. I do a lot of business with those guys.

Its a seriously great can. I sold my personal 9mm can and am using this one as a demo right now. It is very quiet and over 50% off all others. I see no downside to it unless you need 3 lug ability. I have all the fixed mounts in stock now.

You are right on the SS22 as well. May not be the shiniest baffles out there, but they work and are very affordable for an SS can.

They are coming out with a 45 version soon.

Also, I will meet or beat ANY quoted HTA price. I do a lot of business with those guys.

I think you may **** a brick if I told you the quoted price, which I'm not, but it's awesome.

As for the 22, the holes drilled into the side of each baffle has metal shavings still connected to the hole, I think i little file could easily remove them.

Back
Top Bottom