• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

HTA 9mm Guardian.

I shot my ISIS-2 today. Its not that big a deal to clean it. I coated it with froglube before I fired it. After I shot it all the crud came right off with a toothbrush. No problems.

wow, your lube is keeping molten lead from sticking to the blast baffle? I may try Froglube if only for my suppressors.

wow, your lube is keeping molten lead from sticking to the blast baffle? I may try Froglube if only for my suppressors.

Not all the way but it helps a lot. The blast baffle is going to dry it up fast. You still gotta use a light brush to get it off. The forward baffles cleaned no problem. Just wiped it off. I have a gallon jug of frog lube because I use it a lot.

Last edited:
Not all the way but it helps a lot. The blast baffle is going to dry it up fast. You still gotta use a light brush to get it off. The forward baffles cleaned no problem. Just wiped it off. I have a gallon jug of frog lube because I use it a lot.

I do find that shooting my 22 wet makes it easier to remove the lead but quite filthy.

Fingers crossed.... I'd love to post a review of a Guardian 9 soon but that's dependent on the ATFs schedule. The paperwork went of middle/end of October and checks were cashed on Veteran's Day (which I thought was strange).

I had no problem with the wait a few months ago- now that it's down to weeks, I'm having a hard time not thinking about it.

Dang it.

Where did you get to actually touch this?

Okay so I got to hold the Huntertown Arms Guardian 9mm, and I have to say I was impressed.

Stainless steel baffles which protect the tube from lead(alot like the spectre)
User serviceable so you can shoot rimfire and lead cast
A seriously solid warranty
And a great price

Is there any real downside to this can?
- I know it can't take 3 lug, but I don't have or want 3 lug.

I'm really thinking about jumping on one I saw at a great price from a cool SOT.

Quick comparison:

HTA 9mm:
8.5" @ 10.2oz, and a slightly smaller than usual 1.25" diameter. (longest)
Stainless guts that protect tube, aluminum endcap, Not sure if stainless tube?
MSRP: $350

SWR Octane 9: (heaviest)
7.5" @ 10.78oz, the industry standard 1.375" diameter
Stainless guts that protect tube, aluminum tube
MSRP: $850

AAC Ti-rant 9: (longish, lightish)
7.9" @ 8.6oz, 1.38 diameter
Steel & aluminum baffles(tube not protected), Titanium tube(light, strong)

Osprey9: (Shortest, Lightest)
7" @ 9.8oz
All aluminum, not user servicable

Also saw the Stainless Steel HTA Guardian 22 and it was a nice can, could have had some better machining in a few spots, but nothing to fret over.

Back
Top Bottom