• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Huntertown Arms Closing Shop

I thought only a SOT could legally repair a can?
Other than the serial numbered outer tube I don't see an issue with making new parts to replace worn or damaged. Yes I could manufacture cans all day long but that's illegal and not worth going to prison over. But if a baffle, end cap were to get damaged or and deteriorate over time I'm going to replace it as long as I have a stamp for that particular can.

Other than the serial numbered outer tube I don't see an issue with making new parts to replace worn or damaged. Yes I could manufacture cans all day long but that's illegal and not worth going to prison over. But if a baffle, end cap were to get damaged or and deteriorate over time I'm going to replace it as long as I have a stamp for that particular can.
I would too but that poster is correct in the legal sense. Without an SOT we can't repair baffle stacks end caps outter tubes or anything deemed a "Suppressor" part as far as I know. I would repair my private property as I see fit, but I'd do it discreetly

At least my HTA serialized number is the knurled mounting device and the tube is clean

I would too but that poster is correct in the legal sense. Without an SOT we can't repair baffle stacks end caps outter tubes or anything deemed a "Suppressor" part as far as I know. I would repair my private property as I see fit, but I'd do it discreetly

At least my HTA serialized number is the knurled mounting device and the tube is clean
That’s exactly what I was trying to get across. Repair mine only!

But but there is still 41 million to one chance they could be taken off the NFA ! Buy cheap suppressor and get cheap results . I paid a few hundred extra and I can’t seem to hurt my octane . Full auto mag dumps all the time and it takes it . Money well spent

But but there is still 41 million to one chance they could be taken off the NFA ! Buy cheap suppressor and get cheap results . I paid a few hundred extra and I can’t seem to hurt my octane . Full auto mag dumps all the time and it takes it . Money well spent
Yep it's true. I don't mind that I got mine for 300.00 total (including stamp) brand new. It's worth that for sure. I'll do the best I can to keep it running as long as I can but it definitely only has one job and that's semi-147s on a 7" AR-9 when it gives up the ghost I'll launch it out of my M79

I seem to remember hearing about a case where the ATF ruled copper wool pads were suppressor parts and found someone guilty of using them to illegally 'repair' one of the old, old cans that used that and rubber wipes.

If I owned an HTA can I'd probably see if there were a few spare baffles they could sell. That way you could take them to a local SOT of you had to repair a strike, and it would be all nice and documented.

Just reason #462 why we need to get cans removed from NFA. Maybe now the GOP actually managed to pass something, they will grow a backbone in 2018.

I seem to remember hearing about a case where the ATF ruled copper wool pads were suppressor parts and found someone guilty of using them to illegally 'repair' one of the old, old cans that used that and rubber wipes.

If I owned an HTA can I'd probably see if there were a few spare baffles they could sell. That way you could take them to a local SOT of you had to repair a strike, and it would be all nice and documented.

Just reason #462 why we need to get cans removed from NFA. Maybe now the GOP actually managed to pass something, they will grow a backbone in 2018.
Yeah even cans using wipes as baffles like the Ghost M from dead air were subject to this ruling. BATFE changed their position on rubber, neoprene, paper wipe technology after 20 years. So you can't buy replacement wipes for any thing anymore BUT with some resourcefulness and a pair of go nads one can source new wipes.

Back
Top Bottom