• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Hunting 11/16/14

sonofapreacherman

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
83   0
Reaction score
Gonna be on public land in Monticello before day break, rut is just beginning down there. Gonna be great weather for sure. Good luck to everyone who is going out today and this weekend

Gonna be on public land in Monticello before day break, rut is just beginning down there. Gonna be great weather for sure. Good luck to everyone who is going out today and this weekend
Not sure if you can see it or not,but my profile picture is of a Buck I took last weekend in full Blown rut. On the Oconee National Forest land south of Monticello off of Clay Rd. It's just a 6 pointer but in the same day,my friend that I hunted with also killed a nice 10 pointer roughly about the same size. Both Bucks were in separate groups chasing does. I personally hope they're still chasing for ya,because last week was AWESOME.
If I may make one suggestion. Stop by the deer cooler and ask if they can give you the tarsal gland off of another buck. Hang that tarsal gland in your hunting area and use your grunt call blowing it softly every hour in sequences of 2 or 3 times seperated by 20-30 seconds each time. Keep your eyes and ears open for ANY kind of movement. He'll be coming in quick.

Awesome my dad and uncle have been going there camping there etc since the 80's. Also cant remember the name where that old church by the dq but we used to hunt by a pipeline over there

Back
Top Bottom