• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hunting goals this year?

I'd love to kill the biggest buck of my life but the last few months have given me time to reflect on how fortunate I am to make it to the woods and enjoy it.

One of my best hunting buddies had his bladder removed last week due to cancer and another friend and co-worker who I've taken hunting a few times had a massive stroke last week. I realize my best hunting buddy (my dad) will be 78 this year and I hope I can enjoy his company for another year.

I guess all of this being said, my primary goal will be to enjoy every minute I can in the woods.

i Pretty much crossbow all season long but I did get my hands on a Browning A bolt 300 win mag I need to get a scope and rail on for when I’m in my favorite bear haunts in the mountains.
Time constraints with grandkids and my wife’s insanely busy work/school/teaching schedule might neuter the heck out of my hunt time this year so most of my hunts will be daybreak in my back yard honey hole with the crossbow and some late evening power hour sessions at my cabin property next to the national forest.
Ultimately I’d love to do a lot of walk/stalk hunts but not sure if I will have much time for that.

Next year will be better for my hunting excursions.

I hope to see my Son get his first buck, my Daughter her first mature buck, a deer or 2 with my new recurve and 10mm handgun.
I’m also set up in the mountains on a private-land, black bear honey-hole. I’d be thrilled to get to lay eyes on a bear or even better yet, put an arrow through one.

I hope to see my Son get his first buck, my Daughter her first mature buck, a deer or 2 with my new recurve and 10mm handgun.
I’m also set up in the mountains on a private-land, black bear honey-hole. I’d be thrilled to get to lay eyes on a bear or even better yet, put an arrow through one.

If you don’t have any luck I can hook you up in three well known (to me) bear haunts.

Back
Top Bottom