Hunting license question

Status
Not open for further replies.

smk1026

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
That Dude
131   0
Reaction score
Ok I'm looking to expand my hunting to public land and was wondering if the Sportsman combo license covers WMA land or if I have to purchase a resident WMA license on top of my sportsman license. I am in a hunt club but for days where I don't have a lot of time and can't drive 2 hours to my club I'd like to scout a few local WMAs.

If anyone can school me on this that would help I've never hunted in a WMA just camped so not sure how that works.

Short answer is "yes Sportsman's covers it".

The Sportsman's License covers everything but Federal Waterfowl & gator.

This is a cut'n paste from the WRD website:

Resident Sportsman's Licenses are a Great Deal!

Resident sportsmen save $5 annually ($55/year compared to $60/year) when purchasing a resident sportsman's license which covers most state hunting and fishing privileges including hunting, big game, WMA, Georgia waterfowl conservation, fishing (fresh and salt water) and trout (excludes the alligator license and federal duck stamp; still must obtain the free deer harvest record, free deer-dog license and free HIP license each season).

Are you good to go with a Hunters Safety course? Not sure of the month but born 1961> you need to complete the course. Yes Mr Green Jeans checks especially if you are a WMA. Good luck .........

Are you good to go with a Hunters Safety course? Not sure of the month but born 1961> you need to complete the course. Yes Mr Green Jeans checks especially if you are a WMA. Good luck .........

Yeah I've had the hunter safety done about 6 years ago. I've walked up and through way back into some WMAs and found some prime hunting. I've just never hunted it. It's time to renew my license and I haven't hunted in about a year due to some injuries. But I've always used a sportsman combo license because that's what some recommended me to buy when I moved down here 6 years ago and they told me I'd be good to go with that license for the fishing and private land hunting I wanted to do, but he never mentioned WMA. always followed the regulations for private land hunting. I looked on the DNR website for the info but I must have missed it. But thanks fella's looks like I got all I need

Also when walking onto and off the WMA always sing many chorus's of "Jesus loves me" in a VERY loud voice!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol. He's not kidding. Forget camo as well and pick up a blaze orange set of coveralls. I hunt on a few WMA check in hunts but will be in my tree at least an hour before anyone else and normally stay all day just to make sure I'm not mistaken as a deer by some trigger happy person half drunk sitting on his 5gal. bucket of beer and ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom