• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hunting rifle set ups

CVA Optima Elite 270 Win.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 79
I picked this up from Capt Dave a few weeks ago. Glenfield Marlin 30A. He bought it at a gun buy back :D and had it completely restored by Dobbs Defense. They did a heck of a job. I always wanted a Glenfield model and I can't wait to take a deer with it. I freakin' love this rifle!

1415245463_2.jpg1415245463_3.jpg1415245463_4.jpg

Also picked up this Browning BPS Upland Special 20 gauge from a great ODT member just 2 days ago. No, not a rifle but it should serve me well for turkeys and small game. What a beauty. Shot it yesterday and was completely blown away at the performance. An awesome shotty.

1392477959_0.jpg1392477959_1.jpg1392477959_2.jpg

CVA makes some good rifles for the cost, and swapping barrels is a cinch. They make good blackpowder weapons also. Love the .270.

Love your .44 carbine also. Great hardwoods rifle.

Nice looking buck!

Thanks, I have a .45 cal BP barrel for the CVA. I've had it with both the 45 and the 270 barrels for 5 years. That buck was the first and only deer that the 270 barrel has shot. I've killed countless deer with the 45 cal BP barrel, many of them were during the general firearms season.
The 44 is my baby. Great rifle indeed.

The buck in the pic was one of the deer I had set my sights on taking this year. He has 4&3/8" bases and caries 4" of mass up to his G2's. I need to have his jawbone looked at to confirm his age. We are guessing 5.5 years old by camera shots and tooth wear.
Thanks for the kind words.

That is a gorgeous shotgun.

Thanks man. At first I was almost afraid to shoot it but guns are made to be shot and after getting on the trigger of this one I had no doubt it is a shooter's gun. Can't wait to bust some birds with it.

Marlinfan, love the old Marlin. Some of the most dependable rifles ever made. Accurate and lethal for deer. Some good looking bucks too!

Marlinfan, love the old Marlin. Some of the most dependable rifles ever made. Accurate and lethal for deer. Some good looking bucks too!

Thanks MRH, I've been huntin with Marlin 336's since 1976. I still have my first one and still hunt with it, it was bought new in 1976 price was around $80.

Back
Top Bottom