I’m looking for a new(er) truck..

TRD Off Road or Pro-4x?

• Tacoma

Votes: 23 71.9%
  • Frontier

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters
Frontier.

I’ve had a Frontier, F150, and now an F250. Test drove the Tacoma and a frontier. Frontier hands down. I had a 2nd gen Nismo. Great truck.

When I saw that the mighty Tacoma had rear drum brakes I stopped looking.
I have a similar opinion. However, for what I have used trucks for in the past, both of my Tundras (05 and 06) had rear drums and it never caused me any grief, I can take that or leave it.

I think some of my thought process is that I have a certain..negative opinion of newer vehicles. They all kind of suck. Soulless blocks of metal with no personality and slammed full of every electronic nanny you can think of. Older cars, in my opinion, are just better. And with the Frontier, you get an older-tech vehicle, but it’s a lot newer :lol:

Frontier all the way... if you want a TACOma... then go to Taco Bell.
I've had a 2007 SE 4.0 V6 that saved me from being badly injured in a wreck, guy pulled out of a bar across 3 lanes and I T-boned his truck.
I now have a 2012 SL V6 I got as a CPO, best vehicle I've owned. There were some issues discovered after purchase, but the dealer fixed them no charge (Regal Nissan stands behind what they sell). It's a 2WD, but I've also had a couple (older) Pathfinders with 4WD, and they were flawless. If I were to get another truck, I'd look for a Pro-4X.

I've had 2 Frontiers. A 99 in 4WD that had 328,000 before my son rolled it. Great truck. Next was an 07 that just got totaled last Tuesday on 285. It had 228,000 in it and another great truck. I was smashed between 2 large box trucks and it held up well. I'm in the market also.

Back
Top Bottom