I’m looking for a new(er) truck..

TRD Off Road or Pro-4x?

• Tacoma

Votes: 23 71.9%
  • Frontier

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters
Yeah I’ve heard of this and other similar issues. Coolant running into the transmission and whatnot. From the research I’ve done that seems to be the earlier 2nd gen trucks that did that and Nissan has since remedied that. Also I’ve heard, regarding this issue, simply replacing the factory radiator can fix it.

yup you got it, biggest issues for frontiers was the transmissions dying due to this. You can either replace it with an all metal radiator or add an external cooler for your transmission and will also fix the issue. I've also been looking for a newer truck as of late and determined it will be a frontier just due to the cost savings vs a tacoma

The latest gen Colorado or GMC Canyon are very nice and very capable. Strong V6 motors, nice inside, look great.
GM can suck a big one if they think I’ll give em any money :thumb:

Question for the Tacoma nerds. I’ve almost decided on a TRD Offroad with a 6 speed manual, and I know you lose the offroad goodies like crawl control and the multi-terrain system. Anyone know if the manual TRD’s come with A-Trac?

Had a lot of vehicles over the years... Lots of Ford, Dodge, Chevy, Honda, etc... Last 5 vehicles have been Chevy and I haven't had a single issue with any of them... The 2016 Colorado Z71 had a squeaky stearing column thing that was fixed under warranty and that was that...

Had a lot of vehicles over the years... Lots of Ford, Dodge, Chevy, Honda, etc... Last 5 vehicles have been Chevy and I haven't had a single issue with any of them... The 2016 Colorado Z71 had a squeaky stearing column thing that was fixed under warranty and that was that...
I have no doubt they’re solid trucks, but I’m not giving my money to a company that takes taxpayer money to get bailed out then lays off thousands of American workers in favor of foreign production in return. If I’m wrong on that someone correct me but from what I can gather that’s what’s happening. Another thread for another day.

Well, like a lot of companies that are in the US, they are also global companies, so a lot of times it makes sense to move production of some things, over to the markets that want those things... A lot of American brands do that, Harley Davidson being another one.

Every company lays people off.. been the victim of it more times than I care to count... :-(

GM can suck a big one if they think I’ll give em any money :thumb:

Question for the Tacoma nerds. I’ve almost decided on a TRD Offroad with a 6 speed manual, and I know you lose the offroad goodies like crawl control and the multi-terrain system. Anyone know if the manual TRD’s come with A-Trac?
Get on Tacomaworld.com

Back
Top Bottom