• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I-75 Construction

I just moved to Acworth about a month ago. Never in my entire damn life have I had to sit in traffic as much as I do now. This is absolutely ridiculous. Want to go to work? Too bad, lanes are all blocked for no reason. Want to go home? Eat ****, we're closing all lanes for "paving". I just got done sitting for 40 minutes to go not even an eighth of a mile for my exit. When will this bull**** end???

I was thinking about it the other day, we pay for those roads through various taxes, tolls, etc. So essentially we are paying for our own insanity, not that we have a choice but still just something to think about when you’re stuck in traffic at 3:30am because construction has the small amount of traffic backed up.

If they didn't use the cheapest materials to pave the roads with then they wouldn't need to be repaired constantly. It's just a big racket for contractors and crooked politicians.

Moving to Acworth myself in the next month, albeit from Kennesaw... but that extra 5 miles isn’t something I’m looking forward to. I bought the peachpass but hope that once they have it open traffic will be a little better and I won’t have to use it.
I compare it to Macon when I was at Ga Southern. It was the worst part of the drive during the construction in 2013, but became one of the easiest through passes after they finished.

redherring.gif

Back
Top Bottom