• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I-75 Construction

I just moved to Acworth about a month ago. Never in my entire damn life have I had to sit in traffic as much as I do now. This is absolutely ridiculous. Want to go to work? Too bad, lanes are all blocked for no reason. Want to go home? Eat ****, we're closing all lanes for "paving". I just got done sitting for 40 minutes to go not even an eighth of a mile for my exit. When will this bull**** end???

I graduated from Kennesaw State at the end of 17'. Because apartments cost so much I was forced to commute for the last two years. I feel your pain man. It was already tough getting classes to synchronize with each other to ease on gas expenses. I am so glad I don't have to head up I75 DAILY. My best advise for you is to look at your gps as soon as you get off work. It can make a huge difference in what route you take with real time traffic info. I live SE of Atlanta so I20, I75 or I20, I285, I75. Sometimes I was lucky to make it a 50 minute drive. Then there were times I was stuck in traffic for 3 hours trying to make it to a class that is only 1 hr and 15 minutes long.

Kennesaw State is still a huge commuter school so you're gonna hit traffic in that area around the clock. Another advise is do not sit in traffic doing nothing. Put on a podcast or listen to some radio. I used to read in traffic just before class because yes I was sitting in traffic THAT LONG.

Having worked in midtown Atlanta off and on since the 1990s, I figured out one thing - get on the road by 5:30 am if you want to have a relatively smooth commute. This is essentially true driving from any direction into Atlanta.

I'm not sure about the schedule to complete the elevated lanes on I75 through Cobb, but your life will improve once they're done.

If they didn't use the cheapest materials to pave the roads with then they wouldn't need to be repaired constantly. It's just a big racket for contractors and crooked politicians.

That's a built in re-contracting, contract, plus the politicians go into office poor, and come out with money dripping from all their pockets..

Just like the useless round-a-bouts, YES EUROPE, has them well let them keep them, we have almost been run over twice by big trucks trying to get through those narrow lanes, and the wasted area in the middle, with a bench in the middle to sit on, Bet your last dollar we would not be caught sitting in the middle of the round-a-bout, just the most wasted area the DOT, has ever done... Wonder what individual thought this was a "GOOD IDEA", just a waste of time and construction of "OUR TAX DOLLARS"...

If they didn't use the cheapest materials to pave the roads with then they wouldn't need to be repaired constantly. It's just a big racket for contractors and crooked politicians.

Nah, too many cars. Those same roads in NW GA last 20 years.

It is the RAP. The old roads used virgin materials. The recycled asphalt percentage has gone up from 10% initially to 30 and 40% and the roads have suffered.

ZomboMeme 27072018054613.jpg

Remember before ga 400 toll road?
You had to go to 85 or 75 to get downtown...
I drive about 500+ miles in our fair city each week...

Wouldn't live or work along the 75 stretch above Atlanta for a million dollars a year. I'd never have time to spend it due to being stuck in traffic.........

Back
Top Bottom